District Sales Executive
- Kanalvägen 12, 6 tr, Upplands Väsby, Stockholms län, Sweden
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
The focus of the District Sales Executive (DSE) is on achieving results that are aligned with the overall organization and it’s strategic goals. Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, are the keys to achieving the performance objectives of the District Sales Executive role at Expeditors.
The DSE orchestrates involvement of multiple people in our Sales process, so that new customer revenue is consistently secured for our district office and network. The job environment is flexible, constantly changing, and provides growth opportunity, recognition and reward for the achievement of business results. This position reports to the District Sales Manager.
These are the minimum results expected from a successful District Sales Executive:
Manage an assigned territory and demonstrate extensive knowledge of potential customers and competitors in this area
Timely data entry in our Customer Relationship Management tool
Orchestrate customer / branch relationships and collaborate with regional Product, Service, Geo, and Knowledge Management resources
Participate in the creation of value-added solutions for customer’s logistics needs, including supporting diagrams and cost-benefit calculations
Support the transition of new accounts through customer introductions, information transfer, and securing any necessary customer paperwork.
Attend training & development sessions to continue developing selling skills and updating Expeditors Product and Service knowledge
Take on additional assignments as required, supporting company needs
- Oral and written proficiency in the Swedish and English language
- Maintain constant familiarization of product offerings and developments.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work productively both individually and in a team environment
- Sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Strong rapport and relationship-building focused
- Empowered to make quick decisions in response to changing conditions
- Extroverted, confident, enthusiastic and persuasive
- Influences others to action
- Timeliness and accountability for results
- Previous Sales experience in 3PL industry an asset
The ideal candidate has both operational and sales experience. Experience in both International and Domestic Transportation is desired, but not required. A demonstrated ability to self-manage and motivate is critical. You must have excellent communication skills (both written and oral), have a professional attitude and attire and be able to accept and exemplify Expeditors' unique culture.
Compensation is based on experience. It will consist of a base salary and commission. The commission has no caps or restrictions, and is paid every month based on net revenue.
We are looking for the best and the brightest. This position has tremendous potential to advance in a Fortune 500 company.