- 1015 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
• 15,000 trained professionals
• 250+ locations worldwide
• Fortune 500
• Globally unified system
The Financial Performance and Analytics Group at Expeditor’s is committed to providing “one version of the truth” for all things financial data. This includes the curation, warehousing, analysis, reporting and visualization of Expeditor’s data. In this position, you will work as part of a technical team to gather business needs, translate them to data requirements, extract data from various databases, and perform technical and data analysis. This position will create source to target mappings and working with complex data models and data sets, and proficient in identifying and troubleshooting issues within the data or within the logic used to load the system.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Extract data from various databases; perform exploratory data analysis, cleanse, massage, and aggregate data
• Create data models and logical mappings to enable new data pipelines to move, transform, cleanse and populate data into downstream data models and interfaces
• Test and maintain data integrity and accuracy
• Create visualization dashboards
• Prepare technical documentation, support / training materials
• Education: BA/BS with concentration in quantitative discipline - Statistics, Math, MIS, Econ, Quantitative Social Science or similar discipline
• Minimum 3 years experience working as a data analyst preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong SQL and Excel skills is a must-have
• Experience creating dashboards using BI tools is a must-have, Power BI preferred
• Database Management System exposure, ie DB2, Oracle, Postgres, or similar.
• This analyst must be capable of understanding data pipeline process with complex data models and data sets, and proficient in identifying and troubleshooting issues within the data
• Experience performing data discovery and analysis
• Experience developing ETL routines and database procedures / functions preferred
• Strong organizational/time management skills and the ability to effectively prioritize workload, pro-active, strong organizational skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.