District Business Operations Specialist
- 6360 Belgrave Rd, Mississauga, ON L5R 4G4, Canada
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
Organic Growth – Expeditors promotes from within. As a shining example, our CEO started as an entry level employee in our San Francisco office 31 years ago.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
To lead and assist in our relentless pursuit of efficiency, operational excellence and world-class customer service.
Has the ability to problem solve using quantitative and qualitative analysis to understand process issues. Can map out processes and clearly identify areas for improvement and efficiency opportunities. Comfortable analyzing large sets of complex data.
Can promote lean thinking and is skilled in implementing change. Builds and maintains long term relationships with a district that results in positively influencing employee performance. Inspires others by challenging, encouraging and guiding them through effective training and strong presentation skills. Is flexible and adapts to unexpected events.
Pursuit of Excellence
Is strong willed and meets resistance as a challenge to overcome. Passionate about lean mindset and willing to continuously learn and evolve. Focused on improving customer service and employee experience.
Tasks and Duties:
- This section lists job-specific tasks and duties, such as the ones listed below, that are completed on a regular basis by the employee.
- Have a TBP with the DM or support and contribute to the Tactical Business Plan of the district in an effort to ensure efficiency, world class service and global consistency.
- Drive full and proper usage of existing systems and tools by operations.
- Introduce new processes, the underlying strategy and associated performance expectations to the district in conjunction with receiving and rolling out new operating systems and related tools.
- Train and coach operations in the skill of providing meaningful feedback on new processes, systems and tools.
- Drive the GBO strategy and objectives and collaborate with other district, regional, and global resources to build consistency in all processes leading to world class service.
- Be vocal in addressing local market conditions and regulations that may hinder the district from meeting the global standards. Strive to find opportunities to align with the global standard despite local variances.
- Collaborate with local management to identify opportunities to improve quality, service, compliance, and profitability through the pursuit of efficiency and consistency by identifying and prioritizing problem areas through communication with operational staff and via [observation, process mapping, timing studies, and self-assessments] process analysis methods
- Provide training for every employee in the art and application of the Process Management Fundamentals, through teaching and mentoring.
- Monitor performance standards and District Excellence metrics and promote behaviors and processes to close the performance gap within the district.
- Coach the district in root cause analysis and effective problem solving when identifying and closing corrective and preventative actions.
- Align with RBO and work alongside the district and regional ED&A / IS (if applicable) to deliver reporting and automation to the field.
- Communicate the measurable impact process improvements have had on our employees, customers and finances.
- Drive the Management Review Meeting within the district.
- Support external, internal and customer audits (ISO, GDP, etc.).
- Use of standard office equipment - computer with keyboard and mouse, phone, fax/copy/scan machine, etc.
- Write with pencil/pen/marker
- Functions performed primarily while seated at desk
Expeditors Product and Service knowledge
- Strong PC skills, including experience with Microsoft Office. Power BI, Sharepoint and Visio, preferred
- Understanding of Lean principles and effective problem solving techniques
- Effective interpersonal skills
Expeditors offers excellent benefits:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- RRSP Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program