Senior Sales Executive
- Jalan SS 7/15, Kelana Jaya,, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Expeditors is a global logistics company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. As a Fortune 500 company, we employ over 17,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 331 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. At Expeditors, we pride ourselves on being a solutions-based organization and take time to understand each customer's individual business needs. As a non-asset based organization, we have considerable flexibility when managing customers' supply chains. Due to our relationships with local suppliers and global air and ocean partners, we can provide customers with the best routing and pricing options. Our comprehensive, flexible spectrum of services is supported by leading-edge information technology that provides a high level of visibility from end to end. To maintain consistent quality and customer service across the globe, Expeditors has regional headquarters located in London, Dubai, Shanghai and Singapore. At Expeditors, our industry professionals, award winning processes and globally unified systems ensure that we always live up to our promise, "You'd be surprised how far we'll go for you."
In a Customer facing environment, seek to understand a company’s logistics and supply chain requirements’ and through a team selling system – provide Expeditors Solutions driving value for each customer.
Orchestrate a selling process to secure new customer revenue consistently to achieve district office and Expeditors network objectives and goals.
Responsibilities and Job Scope
- Manage an assigned territory and Demonstrate extensive knowledge of potential customers and competitors in this area.
- Prospecting new customers, perform cold calls, schedule meetings with customers to secure and close business.
- Review and qualify Sales leads assigned and allocated to you through our Sales Operations team.
- Timely update in CRM (Customer Relationship Management system), with contacts, activity, opportunities down to a product and solution level.
- Maintain mandatory fields in CRM, along with timeliness supporting data integrity and standards measured such as opportunity management and weekly sales reporting on activity.
- Work with our Customer Product teams to provide rates and pricing support.
- To initiate and support the Transition and Implementation process for new customers and ensure proper hand-overs. Which include supporting AR (accounts receivable) collection in certain circumstances
- Discover and understand market conditions and competition to share intelligence internally to drive customer strategy
- Leverage and implement Expeditors reporting tools and value add solutions internally and externally with all selected customers
- Meet and exceed budgeted revenue sales KPIs for New business and New Customer growth as per company guidelines
- To attend all necessary training and coaching representing Company & Sales requirements (equivalent of 52 hours per annum)
- Continuously drive productivity on set requirements for the Sales organization
Qualifications, Knowledge and Desired Skill-Sets
- Bachelor's degree or above in sales and marketing, logistics, transportation or business area is preferred or equivalent
- At least 3-5 years of experience in logistics industry required.
- Ability to meet and exceed sales goals -- proven Sales Success.
- Possess sales planning and negotiation skills.
- Oral and written proficiency in the English language
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work productively both individually and in a team environment.
- Shows responsibility and reliability towards external and internal (team / people).
- Understanding local market and key industries present in the market.
- Strong rapport and relationship building skills
- Timeliness and accountability for results
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products.