District Sales Executive
- Jalan SS 7/15, Kelana Jaya, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Expeditors is a global logistics company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. As a Fortune 500 company, we employ over 17,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 331 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. At Expeditors, we pride ourselves on being a solutions-based organization and take time to understand each customer's individual business needs. As a non-asset based organization, we have considerable flexibility when managing customers' supply chains. Due to our relationships with local suppliers and global air and ocean partners, we can provide customers with the best routing and pricing options. Our comprehensive, flexible spectrum of services is supported by leading-edge information technology that provides a high level of visibility from end to end. To maintain consistent quality and customer service across the globe, Expeditors has regional headquarters located in London, Dubai, Shanghai and Singapore. At Expeditors, our industry professionals, award winning processes and globally unified systems ensure that we always live up to our promise, "You'd be surprised how far we'll go for you."
- Manage an assigned territory and demonstrate extensive knowledge of potential customers and competitors in this area.
- Timely data entry in our Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Orchestrate customer / branch relationships and collaborate with regional Product, Service, Geo, and Knowledge Management resources.
- Participate in the creation of value-added solutions for customer’s logistics needs, including supporting diagrams and cost-benefit calculations.
- Support the transition of new accounts through customer introductions, information transfer, and securing any necessary customer paperwork. When needed, support AR (Accounts Receivable) collection.
- Attend training & development sessions to continue developing selling skills and updating Expeditors Product and Service knowledge.
- Involvement in local trade groups, as directed by the District Sales Manager.
- Take on additional assignments as required, supporting company needs.
- To take up additional tasks as required to meet the Department’s needs.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree or above in sales and marketing or business area is preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience in logistics industry required.
- Ability to meet and exceed sales goals -- proven Sales Success.
- Possess sales planning and negotiation skills.
- Strong in sales presentation skill, oral and written communication skills, preference if fluent in English.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Able to work independently and has teamwork spirit.
- Shows responsibility and reliabilty towards external and internal (team / people).
- Understanding local market and key industries present in the market.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products.
All information provided by candidates will be used solely for recruitment purposes. Unsuccessful application will be destroyed in strict confidence upon completion of recruitment process.