Customs Compliance Coordinator - based inhouse with Customer
- Claude Debussylaan, Amsterdam, NH, Netherlands
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems.
Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
We believe our employees are our greatest competitive advantage, by focusing on our values and culture we make Expeditors’ greatest competitive advantage in global supply chain services.
“You’d be surprised how far we’ll go for you.”
Scope of Position:
The Customs Compliance Specialist will be part of a Global Onsite Team supporting
one of Expeditors High Tech customers within an import/export operation.
The Customs Compliance Specialist will be accountable for meeting all major duties
and responsibilities outlined below in a timely and responsive manner, as directed by the Local Onsite Compliance Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Your daily operational tasks will be:
- Manages customs compliance requests via customer's proprietary ticketing system
- Ensure smooth and timely export/import process flow
- Advise customers on import and export restrictions and customs related matters
- Ensure compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Standard Work Instructions (SWI), external government regulations and customer policies /requirements.
- Commercial Invoice, shipping documents review and approval.
- Maintain and further regional matter expertise
- Actively engaged in advanced planning deployments
- Responsible for daily tracking of operational metrics
- Attention to detail and elevates matters with sense of urgency for timely resolution
- Requires good communication skills in a collaborative environment
- Provides ongoing status updates to the local management
- Identifies gaps and improvement opportunities for process enhancements
- Provides information and recommendations to improve operational processes
- Responds to customer’s requests timely
What is required from you?
- 1-3 years related experience in import or export operations preferred
- Knowledge of air, road and ocean transport.
- Good knowledge of incoterms
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Proactive, strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, email and various PC based software
What do we offer?
We hire for attitude and train for skill.
- Own personalized Development plan with a diversity of training methods.
- Career opportunities/path within the company (local, regional and globally).
- 25 days of annual leave on full time base.
- Attractive pension plan.
- Option to take part of our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- As a part of our hiring process, you must successfully complete a background check (VOG)
Only local applicants will be considered.