Developer II/III - Cybersecurity
- 10th Floor, Chennai, Prestige Centre court, Vadapalani, India
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business.” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Expeditors Cybersecurity Team has an opening on the Secure Development Team and is looking to hire a candidate who has a strong curiosity for Cybersecurity and strong development skills.
Expeditors Cybersecurity is committed to and responsible for protecting the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of our data and our customer’s electronic data. The Expeditors Cybersecurity Team focuses priorities through risk-based methodologies. Security requirements, whenever possible, should both improve our security posture and reduce long-term resource requirements.
Cybersecurity is looking for a self-motivated, driven developer to join our Secure Development Team to help design and deliver our core security systems and applications. These systems satisfy customer and organizational business requirements using various technologies to enable the organization to achieve its future goals while exploring new opportunities. The developer understands business problems and opportunities and applies technical skills in the design, development and testing of data flows, applications, and systems.
The Cybersecurity team is highly collaborative and communicative internally, within the IS department, and throughout the company as a whole. Excellent communication and customer service is always priority one.
- Focus on the security of applications running on the Expeditors network
- Proficient in the Secure Development Lifecycle and is able to lead application teams through the process
- Ensure applications meet the company’s secure development requirements
- Assist with the setup, configuration, and review of our web application scanning system
- Identify and help remediate application vulnerabilities
- Proficient in using operating systems including UNIX, Linux, Windows
- Full stack Java development experience
- Experience with using a Web Application Scanning system
- Spring Security and Kerberos SSO
- Proficient in using relational databases
- Experience with Eclipse or IntelliJ IDE and various plug-ins, Subversion/Git, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins and Chef
- Application server technologies like Apache and Tomcat
- Firm understanding of the OWASP top 10
- Familiarity with Threat modeling and risk assessments
- Understanding of the continuous development process and the underlying technologies
- Object-oriented analysis and design
- Object-oriented programming and component-based development with Java
- Customer service-oriented attitude and top-notch time management
- Communicate effectively across groups & roles
- Team motivator and collaborator
- Experience with Java development frameworks (Spring, Angular)
- At least 3 years of professional software development experience
- Secure coding techniques
Expeditors offers competitive benefits to all full time employees including:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
- Position is full time. 40 hour work week, Monday – Friday.
Successful candidate must pass the company's defined background check.