Assistant Manager – Administration(HR) & Personnel Development
- #1, LANE 128, LINHONG RD. SHANGHAI, 200335, CHINA, Shanghai city, China
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 17,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
- To support the development, roll out and evaluation of Corporate and Regional HR and administration policies, new initiatives and projects in North Asia. Keep reviewing and updating the policy&procedure, employee handbook, employment contract and streamlining the work produce with a view to improving the work efficiency.
- Provide guidance to branch Admin to manage the various company licenses update and application, doc control, record filing and other statutory admin work.
- Align with company strategy for expense control and provide guidance to branch Admin to monitor the various expense and effectively control the cost.
- Integrate the branch resources in China branches for better utilization.
- Be an observant and identify any redundant Admin work and provide constructive proposal to eliminate the redundancy to achieve lean Admin.
- To provide assistance to China branches in developing adequate human resources plans in support of the Company’s business development strategy and ensure compliance with Corporate and Regional policies, as well as local legislations.
- To provide support to all Regional employees on matters relating to human resources management and office administration, and work with branch administration to ensure efficient and adequate support is being provided.
- To provide coaching and training to branch administrators on Company policies and procedures as well as general administration and HR best practices.
- To assist Director – Administration to supervise and map out the development plan of the Regional Administration team.
- To keep abreast of the trends and development of labor market and human resources management as well as changes in legal requirements and/or local practices that would affect the function of Regional Administration in China.
- To provide guidelines and advice on staff C&B programs, employment requirements for the offices in accordance with the local government policies and legislative requirements.
- To identify the needs from branch administrators in China and provide adequate support to them via training.
- To act as the liaison between the CHQ legal team & China Branches on all HR dispute issues & payment consolidation dispatching.
- To perform China monthly headcount; turnover & license update report;
- To manage and lead the projects include but not limited to Asset purchase, office building management, China Employee Insurance plan, China Building Insurance; China Assets insurance plan & China legal consultancy service.
- Manage the service providers and human resources agencies related to contract negotiation, service review, SP selection etc.
- Participating outside HR knowledge refreshing courses to meet company further development requirement and internal audit in payroll execution consistency.
- Frequent travel may needed to support China branch admin team job execution in consistency.
- To perform additional duties & regional projects as assigned by the Director – Administration to meet the regional development.
A degree holder in HRM or related discipline with at least 8-10 years’ solid experience in human resources and administration within a multi-national environment. Culturally sensitive and ability to understand regional issues. Fluency in English and Mandarin is essential. Excellent communication, management and interpersonal skills. Dedication, responsible & reliable with proven record.
- unlimited promotion career path;
- competitive package in the market;
- willing to learn and develop together with the company;