District Sales Manager
- Dubai, Dubai, DWC, United Arab Emirates
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Scope of Position
The District Sales Manager (DSM) leads our District Sales Program. Through the development of our District Sales team, the DSM ensures a consistent and effective District Sales Program inside every one of our global offices. The DSM is responsible for supporting the growth of each product and service within the district as well as driving collaboration with the global network.
The DSM is responsible for recruiting and developing sales executives both at entry and senior level positions in addition to maintaining an on-going pipeline of candidates. Through leading a vibrant District Sales Program and Sales team, the DSM maintains the momentum and Sales consistency which results in steady and ever-increasing revenue and market share growth for the district and the company. This position reports to the District Manager and Regional Sales Leader.
These are the three primary areas of focus for a District Sales Manager. The minimum results expected from a successful DSM are presented below by area. In addition to these, the DSM will be required to take on additional assignments as required to support company needs.
- Lead the Sales Program
- Create and maintain the vision and strategy for the District Sales Program
- Assess market trends and communicate them to the District and Regional leadership teams
- Maintain an effective Marketing approach aligned with our branding guidelines, to include consistent customer proposals and communication, as well as hosting regular customer events
- Work with district and regional Product and Geo leaders to facilitate development of any product initiatives
2. Manage & Develop the Sales Department
- Actively engage in closing large opportunities with the Sales executive team
- Secure sufficient Sales personnel to effectively engage the district’s customer base. Continually recruit and interview to find new potential candidates.
- Create and manage the Sales Department budget
- Facilitate weekly Sales meetings for Sales, Product, and Geo communication and collaboration
- Review and coach Sales team towards expectations
- Ensure that the team is prepared to successfully transition all new business
- Create and manage career development plans for Sales Operations and Sales Executives
- Conduct weekly one-on-one discussions, monthly pipeline review and quarterly performance reviews
To be the most effective in this position we are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Strong oral communication, written communication and analytical skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel , PowerPoint)
- Align with Expeditors’ 10 Culture Attributes
- 10 years of management experience working a team of 3 or more
- Ability to perform and meet KPI requirements
- Contract negotiations experience
- Structured and organized
- Effective at delegating
- Charismatic with an ability to connect
- Ability to understand local market and key industries present in the local market