Ground Network Services Operations Agent
- 3400 N Wolf Rd, Franklin Park, IL 60131, USA
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
This position reports to the Regional Ground Services Manager, Ground Network Operations Manager, Ground Network Supervisors and Lead Agents. The GNS agents support the execution of the GNS by managing daily truck operations and managing the GNS shipments through the network. Various work schedules may be required for this position, including late afternoon and evening, nights, weekends and holidays.
This position is for second shift 16:00 – 18:00 start time (Sunday – Thursday).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create operating records for scheduled and ad hoc truck routes in Expeditors systems.
- Prepare paperwork for the transfer of freight within the network including load manifests and bills of lading.
- Manage system updates.
- Receive and inspect network inbound and transfer freight as needed.
- Identify potential operational delays and capacity constraints in the ground network.
- Assist in enacting contingencies to expand ad hock capacity as needed, and arranging reroutes and additional trucks as necessary.
- Record system delays and perform root analysis as necessary.
- Support documentation as needed, including processing consolidations in e.tms Export and Import monitoring workflows.
- Ensure Service provider equipment is in place at regional branches to facilitate operations.
- Perform service provider reviews and update CRM as necessary.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.