- Calle "A" Final Ave. San Marcos El Comandante Industrial Park, Carolina, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
• Analyze and propose journal entries to ensure correctness and accuracy of financial statements
• Effectively manage data to understand and explain variances.
• Instill internal control awareness.
• Articulate, present and explain accounting principles and processes to accountants and non-accountants.
• Responsible for directing effective Finance Meeting with Operations on a weekly basis.
• Responsible for organizing projects, assign tasks and presenting status to the Accounting team on a weekly basis.
• Prepare and communicate challenges to discuss with Country Controller and Branch Manager/District Manager as appropriate on a monthly basis.
• Ensure intercompany reconciliations is performed and transactions have been resolved (discrepancies) within a week (includes CLH).
• Ensure deposits and intercompany transactions are registered in GL as they occur (daily basis).
• Ensure all AP (RINs) is(are) appropriately supported and accuracy before it (they) has(have) been submitted for payment (includes statutory requirements (Waiver+CFSE are included in RIN documentation, Procurement authorization, signed Capex form, and/or other supporting/authorizations by BM and/or CC and/or Managers)
• Request payments as needed to comply with service providers/vendors agreed terms.
• Inquire/request disposals as appropriate by mid-month.
• Monitor/audit invoice cancellations and credit memos are being appropriately supported with explanations.
• Follow-up on checks that have not cleared (over 2 months) and recommend appropriate action for resolution.
• Ensure correct GL usage in department
• Participate/lead projects (local/regional/corporate) to implement changes and compliance/internal control requirements
• Perform month-end tasks
• Supervise AP and AR functions
• Responsible of yearly fixed assets inventory
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, with Major in Accounting
• CPA/ CPA candidate desirable (actively working towards obtaining CPA license)
• Fully bilingual (English/Spanish) - both written and verbal communication is a must in both languages
• 3 years of experience in diverse Accounting roles, including supervision/managerial experience
• Detail-oriented and analytical
• Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
• Proficiency in data management (e.g., Excel/Power BI)
• Emotional resilience
• Self-reflecting and open to feedback
• Initiative and ability to work in autonomy
• Role model of integrity and pride for all employees
• Proven supervisory skills
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.