Systems Analyst-Major Incident/ERT Focus
- 1015 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 17,000 trained professionals
- 300+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Key Responsibilities (During Major Incident & ERT)
- Point of contact for all Major Incidents
- Acts as the point of contact when performing in a Major Incident or ERT situation, collaborating with the wider IS teams and taking initiative
- Makes decisions required to reduce the operational and business impact
- Uses business/technology knowledge to rapidly execute the Incident Management process for all Major incidents in order to reduce MTTR
- Challenges any inadequate or incorrect technical queries
- Aid troubleshooting – asks questions of technical experts to drive service restoration
- Collect relevant incident related information and its timeline
- Consistent vigilance is expected - the individual will check their emails consistently, being up to speed with developing issues and supporting the impacted teams with advice and direction
- Highly available during both business and non-business hours
Key Responsibilities (Day-to-Day Functions)
- Works closely with the KTLO team to provide meaningful metrics
- Regular contributor to Change Management meetings
- Establish continuous improvement cycles for the process as a whole from beginning to end and ensuring modifications are made where applicable?
- Working with Application Support peers, compile incident timelines and summaries to support existing retrospective process
- Escalates to development or infrastructure management to illicit additional support from leadership
- Once resolution is implemented and root cause is conducted, develops new solutions as needed.
- Ability to interact with people/groups of widely varying disciplines, cultures and backgrounds
- Strong Incident management skills, including the ability to own and manage multiple incidents simultaneously, lead a cooperative effort among members of a team to react to an incident and resolve to customers/business’ satisfaction
- Proven track record in facilitating the resolution of complex, mission critical problems in high availability systems with a strong customer focus.
- Sense of urgency
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Deductive Reasoning
- Problem Solving
- Communicate confidently and assertively with different management layers as required
- Ability to coordinate a large group of technical contributors during high priority incident and retain control
- Maintaining a professional demeanor and attitude while being assertive
- Ability to challenge information if the response does not fit the situation
Expeditors offers excellent benefits:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Successful candidates must pass a background check.