Accounting Manager - BAH
- GLS compound, Muharaq, Bahrain
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Manages a solid team by driving all the Accounting operations within the company, responsible for Payroll, Capital Expenditure, GL Reconciliations, and assisting the Controller with the company’s financial affairs.
Finance & Operations:
- Manage the day to day Accounting operations including A/R, A/P, Treasury, Revenue Recognition and Cost Accounting, working closely with the Accounting and Operational teams to review processes, implement best practices and improve productivity.
- Process Payroll, including obtaining approval of new hires, terminations, salary amendments and the payroll run.
- Manage the Capital Expenditure process, including obtaining approval of acquisitions and disposals, maintaining the Fixed Asset Register, and completion of the Annual Inventory certification.
- Complete all GL reconciliations, including Proof of Cash, Fixed Assets and Payroll for monthly P&L submission.
- Contribute to the preparation of the internal monthly accounts (Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, Cashflows, and Analysis) for review by the Regional and Global Accounting teams.
- Prepare and submit information to statutory authorities for Payroll, VAT and Corporation Tax.
- Prepare financial information for credit reviews and perform annual credit reviews in line with Global Credit policy.
- Assist Controller with the preparation of statutory financial information and tax computations.
- Provide required information/documentation for Internal Control Evaluations and Internal/External Audits.
- Support the Finance Controller with miscellaneous projects and tasks.
- Recruiting, hiring, provide input and continually interview to find new potential candidates for the accounting department
- Identify, develop, and mentor a No. 2
- Review and conduct staff appraisals timely, and at a minimum once per year per employee
- Ensure all staff and positions have job descriptions, clear expectations and are working with structured development plans
- Continually provide coaching and training to the team members
- Meet company standards of 52 hours training per year
- Review department goals and personal plans periodically with staff to ensure buy-in and accountability
- Assist new hires with mandatory training completion within the first 6 months
- Support the Financial Controller and the Accounting department:
- Review company internal controls, specifically the Fınancıal Process Control Documentation.
- Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and in being the role model of integrity and pride for all employees.
- Proactively communicate with the team to ensure continuous awareness and understanding of policies and regulations.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the Trade Compliance Manager and support all compliance efforts and trainings.
- Proactively promote the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
- Be open to implementing new system changes and enhancements into your department.
- Be involved and suggest system/process improvements.
- Set the tone of this environment within your department.
- Expeditors’ Company Policies and Procedures
- Strong Accounting and Finance knowledge.
- Global Logistics Industry knowledge
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel Formulas and Pivot Tables
- Strong organisational and analytical skills with an attention to the details.
- Fluent in English
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to financial persons as well as non-financial persons at all levels from Operations to Senior Management to obtain positive results.
- Proven leadership attitude and skills
- Ability to drive through change
- Emotional resilience
- Self-reflecting and open to feedback
- Initiative and ability to work in autonomy
- Role model of integrity and pride for all employees
- Proven leadership attitude and background
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Reliable and accurate
- Being supportive of change
- Taking initiative and working in autonomy
- Being an advocate of Expeditors culture at all times
- Being approachable and proactive
- Meet company standards of 52 hours training per year, including as needed management/leadership training
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of accounting specific qualification (country specific)
Expeditors offers excellent benefit:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.