Full-time Internship - Summer 2020
- 506 E Dallas Rd, Grapevine, TX 76051, USA
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order and risk management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 17,000 trained professionals
- 300+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
At Expeditors, we recruit, train, and retain the very best logistics and technical experts the world over. We love to promote from within—more than 27 percent of our staff of 17,000 employees has been at Expeditors 10 years or more. Our high retention rate is influenced by a unique compensation program for positions that are more than just jobs—they’re chances to grow, thrive, and do what you love.
Looking for a hands-on immersive summer internship experience? Want to see if international logistics could be a career for you? Ready to work hard and learn in a challenging and rewarding business? This may be the place for you!
This is the introductory internship program which gets you right in to the heart of international trade during your summer break. Come see what it takes to keep freight moving throughout the globe. From air, ocean and truck transportation to Customs brokerage to warehouse and distribution services, these roles will give you the foundational knowledge you need to determine if this is an industry you could make a career in.
We are seeking individuals meeting the following qualifications demonstrated through your school work and experiences:
- Working towards a college degree with targeted graduation dates in the next two years
- Strong business acumen and work ethic
- Proven leadership attitude and background
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, and communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Competitive and comfortable working alone but also focused on the betterment of the organization and a good team player
Some of the attributes of previous successful candidates are:
Energetic Enthusiastic Self-motivated Confident
Respectful Passionate Interpersonal Skills Innovative
Mature Optimistic Persistent Assertive
Tenacious Inquisitive Genuine Team Player
Humble Determined Honest Customer Focused
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program