Ocean Import Agent
- 730 Columbia Rd, Plainfield, IN, United States
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Scope of Position
Ensure timely and accurate movement of freight and information, while providing exceptional customer service within the Ocean Import Department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure smooth and timely freight process flow
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system
- Track and Trace Ocean Export & Import shipments and reporting
- Ensure documents are timely sent and shipping notices communicated to overseas and customers
- Ensure accurate and timely client and vendors billing
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer services standards.
- Meet compliance at all times to regulations internal and external in accordance with government regulations
- Understand department process flow, looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
- Escalation of problems to Management when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 6 months experience in Ocean Import preferred but not required.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Attention to detail.
- Fluent in English.
- Ocean Import Supervisor and Manager
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.