- 1245 Trapp Rd, Eagan, MN 55121, USA
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
The ideal candidate for this position must have a positive attitude and be self-motivated while also taking direction from Management. Also required are excellent oral/written communication skills and a proven history of providing exceptional customer service at all levels. Our work environment is team oriented and very fast paced, therefore a strong candidate must have excellent organizational and time management skills in addition to a professional attitude that exemplifies the Expeditors culture.
Hours are 12:00 (Noon) to 9:00 PM
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load trailers and ocean containers using tools/equipment for safe, efficient transport including but not limited to: Blocking/bracing, decking, Efficient load management
- Unload and receive freight including but not limited to: Count freight and compare to manifest & internal receiving documents, weigh freight, record/verify dimensions, stage/store freight, labeling, and other general receiving duties
- Maintain clean, organized, and secure work area
- Communicate across product teams regarding volumes and capacity needed
- Validating driver details for security
- Maximize warehouse space usage
- Education (preferred level) high school degree.
- Desired experience (minimum level of direct experience in a similar position) 6 months or more.
- Knowledge/ Skills: Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math (add, subtract, divide, multiply) and write legibly. Must be capable of standing and walking for extended periods. Basic computer skills
- Special Requirements: Must have excellent work habits. Must pass a background check, if applicable in state, region or geography. Must be familiar with warehouse systems.
- Fork-lift certification will be provided
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.