Internship - Customs Brokerage (Night Operations)
- 19701 Hamilton Ave. Suite 100, Torrance, Ca, United States
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
- Ensure smooth and timely customs process flow
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system
- Track and Trace Custom files and reporting
- Ensure accurate and timely client billing
- Understand all the elements of the import and export customs Desk Level Operating Procedure and correctly interpret this information to fulfill our customer´s instructions and expectations.
- Transfer customs declaration information from documents, or other sources into the customs entry system to allow for the build of a valid customs declaration
- Assist with verification of customs declaration information and the submission of such to the customs authority
- Ensure compliance at all times to regulations
- Night Operation Position Only - Must be able to work the night shift.
- Available Shift :
- Shift 2 - (2:30PM ~ 11:30PM)
- Customer Service: 6 months to 1 year experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of transportation documentation and terms is a plus
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills
- Strong desire to learn
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in English
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelineKey
words: International Business, Global Trade, Customer Service, Regulatory Compliance, Paid Internship, Internship, International, Global, Trade, Customs, Professional Environment, Logistics, Supply Chains.