Supervisor - Information Services Development, Cargo Distribution
- 1015 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business.” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 17,000+ trained professionals
- 300+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Expeditors Distribution is a key piece of our door-to-door global logistics solutions offerings. Our services allow us to receive, manage, and distribute our customer's freight on demand locally or on a larger scale. Our software is highly configurable allowing us to support many business models and customer needs from simple pallet-in/pallet-out models to more complicated picking models.
The Information Services Development Supervisor in Distribution is responsible for:
- Providing oversight and direction to 6-8 direct reports.
- Coaching and mentoring team members.
- Collaborating with business owners and other stakeholders to bring on new projects, schedule work, improve processes, and develop Distribution solutions.
- Participating in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
- Actively participate with leadership on strategy, vision, and process improvement across the department
- Adaptable and able to lead teams through team and process evolutions
- Proficiency with the system development lifecycle, including familiarity and alignment with SAFe and Agile processes
- Experience working in organizations that strive in changing priorities and have the ability to identify steps that need to be taken in order to execute
- Demonstrate strong technical and business acumen and have the ability to define the appropriate service model to deliver results and anticipate critical issues
- Proven skills in coaching, goal setting and leading a team
- Develops and maintains streamlined processes and documentation
- Leadership of a technical discipline within a development project team
- Coaching and mentoring of team members
- Working knowledge of Java, Smalltalk, and/or other development languages
- Understanding of software development technologies and processes
- Understanding of Distribution and Warehousing business domain
Successful candidates must complete a background check.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits for full time employees:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.