Supervisor, Development - EDI
- 1015 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 17,000+ trained professionals
- 300+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
The Development Supervisor in EDI is responsible for coordinating, assigning, and overseeing the work on their team. A Supervisor will typically have 6 - 8 direct reports and as a leader on the team you’ll be expected to train, mentor, coach, and hold your team accountable to expectations. You will collaborate with business owners and other stakeholders to bring on new projects, schedule work, improve processes, and develop EDI solutions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Set and hold your direct reports accountable to agreed upon goals and expectations around performance and customer service.
- Mentor, coach, and support your direct reports on career development.
- Address operational and personnel issues timely.
- Identify and develop the next generation of leaders.
- Conduct regular performance and compensation reviews.
- Conduct regular check-ins with your direct reports.
- Build meaningful connections with direct reports.
- Review resumes, conduct interviews, and execute hiring plan to staff team.
- Foster a healthy and positive team culture.
- Ensure team is well rounded with experience and skillsets.
- Actively participate in leadership activities; goals planning, department initiatives, and internal development projects.
- Conduct team meetings, clearly present ideas, and effectively communicate information.
- Maintain a high level understanding of each project handled by direct reports.
- Work with direct reports to ensure projects are executed efficiently and deadlines are met.
- Continually assess and make change, as necessary, to the development life cycle to improve productivity, reduce risk, minimize roadblocks, reduce duration, and improve quality.
- Approach investment decisions - whether it is time, money, resource allocations or other - with a mind towards the return that investment will create.
- Receive, review, and assign incoming work to your team.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on project prioritization and strategy.
- Work closely with peers to understand upcoming projects and collaborate on creative solutions to address changing dates, roadblocks, requirements, priorities, etc.
- Communicate effectively with a wide spectrum of technical and non-technical stakeholders in both written and verbal formats.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- Leadership of a technical discipline within a development project team
- Working knowledge of Java, Smalltalk, and/or other development languages
- Understanding of software development technologies and processes
- Strong project management, delegation, and time management skills
- Analytical and technical aptitude
- Strong sense of confidentiality
- Displays initiative to learn new skills and take on new challenges
- Customer service focused
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.