Java Developer II
- 1015 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 17,000 trained professionals
- 300+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
The developer is a key role on a collaborative project team, which is responsible for the design and production of our core business systems. These systems satisfy customer and organizational business requirements and provide solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. The developer understands business problems and opportunities and applies technical skills in the design, development and testing of data flows, applications and systems.
This position is helping our Distribution Management team create a new foundation for our company in ecommerce and warehouse management by designing and coding solutions that upgrade our existing applications to meet new needs and realizing new functionality to maximize business opportunities.
- Object-oriented analysis and design
- Object-oriented programming and component-based development with Java
- Customer service-oriented attitude and top-notch time management
- Experience with SQL
- At least 2 years of professional software development experience
- Experience with interactive warehouse and inventory management process and system development
- Experience with Smalltalk or Delphi/Pascal programming languages
Key words: Logistics, Global Supply Chain, Analytics, Data
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.