Transcon & Cross dock customer service representative agent
- Naritaweg, 1436 Aalsmeerderbrug, Netherlands
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems.
Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
We believe our employees are our greatest competitive advantage, by focusing on our values and culture
we make Expeditors’ greatest competitive advantage in global supply chain services.
“You’d be surprised how far we’ll go for you.”
Ensure timely and accurate movement of freight and information, while providing an exceptional customer service within the department.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Ensure a smooth and timely process flow regarding the in/out bound of freight.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system.
- Track and Trace pending files and report the status/updates to the customer.
- Ensure accurate and timely client and vendors billing.
- Ensure that customer's freight are delivered on timely base and if customs clearance is needs this is done accurately and timely.
- To be interactive and proactive with our customer regarding arranging their shipments by meeting their requirements and service standards.
- Consistently work on maintaining good understanding, communication and relationship with our suppliers and carriers.
- To make sure that we meet our internal and external compliance regulations/standards at all times and that this is according to our government regulations.
- Fully understand the department in/out bound process flow and be proactive involved in looking for best practices to improve the operational process to be more effective, efficient and productive.
- To make sure that we meet our KPI standards in accordance with the company’s procedures.
- Timely response on emails from customers, suppliers, carriers and our internal network.
- 6 months to 1 year related logistic experience.
- Good knowledge and understanding of incoterms preferred.
- Open to work during the nightshift, weekend shift and on National Holidays.
- Be a team player and have the ability to listen, comprehend and effectively communicate to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active and strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PPP and Outlook).
- Fluent in English and Dutch (verbally and reading/writing).
- We offer a position for 38,75 hours a week (fulltime).
- You will be part of a professional/international, open, enthusiastic team and environment.
- You will receive a personalized development plan with a diversity of training methods.
- There will be career opportunities within the company (local, regional and globally).
- You will receive 25 days of annual leave on full time base.
- There is an option to take part of our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- We offer a divers benefit package.
Only local applicants will be considered.