Ocean Import Customer Service Representative
- Trondheim 14, 2993 LE Barendrecht, Netherlands
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals
in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors
satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through
customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems.
Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight,
customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite
transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized
logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
We believe our employees are our greatest competitive advantage, by focusing on
our values and culture we make Expeditors’ greatest competitive advantage in
global supply chain services.
“You’d be surprised how far we’ll go for you.”
Ensure timely and accurate movement of freight and information, while providing an exceptional customer service within the Ocean Import Department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities.
- Ensure a smooth and timely process flow regarding the ocean import freight.
- Accurate and timely data entry into the operational system.
- Track and Trace of all ocean import files and report the status/updates internally and to the customers.
- Ensure ocean import documents are timely sent to our customers.
- Ensure that customer's freight are delivered on timely base and if customs clearance is needed this is done accurately and timely.
- To work from and understand our customized ocean import workflow on daily base.
- Make sure to do the daily/weekly/monthly billing for customers and vendors accurate and timely.
- To be interactive and proactive with our customers regarding arranging their freight/shipments by
meeting their requirements and service standards.
- Consistently work on maintaining good understanding, communication and relationship with our Shipping lines, suppliers and carriers.
- To make sure that we meet our internal and external compliance regulations /standards at all times and that this is according to our government regulations.
- Fully understand the ocean import process flow and be proactive involved in looking for best practices to improve the operational process to be more effective, efficient and productive.
- Be on top of updating all customers Standard Operating Procedures and making sure that these are in place and updated in our own system the Desk Level Standard Operational Process Data base (DLSOPs).
- To make sure that we meet our KPI standards in accordance with the company’s procedures/requirements.
- Timely response on emails from customers, suppliers, carriers and our internal network.
- Involve management accordingly in case of any escalations.
- 1-2 year(s) related logistics work experience and/or training.
- Understanding of Ocean documentation process is preferred.
- Good knowledge and understand of incoterms.
- Be a team player and have the ability to listen, comprehend and effectively communicate to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active and strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook).
- Hazardous Materials Certification is preferred.
- Be able to write and speak in English and Dutch.
- We offer a position for 38,75 hours a week (fulltime).
- You will be part of a professional/international, open, enthusiastic team and environment.
- You will receive a personalized development plan with a diversity of training methods.
- There will be career opportunities within the company (local, regional and globally).
- You will receive 25 days of annual leave on full time base.
- There is an option to take part of our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- We offer a divers benefit package.
Only local applicants will be considered.