Licensed Customs Broker
- Naritaweg 1, Rozenburg, NH
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems.
Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and
customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
We believe our employees are our greatest competitive advantage, by focusing on our values and culture we make Expeditors’ greatest competitive advantage in global supply chain services.
“You’d be surprised how far we’ll go for you.”
Ensure the proper and timely movement of freight and information, while providing an exceptional customer service within the Customs Brokerage department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities.
- Ensure smooth and timely customs process flow.
- Ensure accurate and timely client billing.
- Understand all the elements of the import and export customs DLSOP (Desk Level Standard Operating Procedure) and correctly interpret this information to fulfill our
customers’ instructions and expectations.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into the operating systems.
- Assist with verification of customs declaration information and the submission of such to the customs authority.
- Interact with customs inspections or present and clarify documents authorities when such are requested.
- Attend any customs inspections or present and clarify documents to customs authorities when such are requested.
- Act as the liaison between the customs authorities (or other government agencies and customers).
- Ensure timely customs clearance of cargo to customer for Import and Export shipments.
- Verify documents received for Import and Export customs purposes are compliant and correct.
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting exceeding customer service standards.
- Contribute to and maintain strong relationships with customs officers.
- Meet compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Operational Process Standards (OPS) and external government regulations or customer’s policies/requirements.
- Understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency.
- Keep up to date on all regulatory requirements governing the import and export of goods. This includes but is not limited to customs procedures for imports and exports, other government agency requirements i.e. health, agricultural, police and military, export controls and prohibited and restricted goods.
- Timely response on emails from customers, suppliers, carriers and our internal network.
- Make sure that we meet our KPI standards in accordance with the company’s procedures/requirements.
- Recognize possible risks for both our customer as for Expeditors.
- Involve management accordingly in case of any escalations.
- 2-3 years related logistics work experience is required.
- Customs Brokerage License.
- You’re a flexible and hard worker, no 9-5 mentality.
- Open to work during the evening shift, weekend shift and on National Holidays.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of air, road and ocean transport.
- Good knowledge of incoterms.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, email and various PC based software.
- Be able to write and speak in English and Dutch.
- We offer a position for 38,75 hours a week (fulltime).
- You will be part of a professional/international, open, enthusiastic team and environment.
- You will receive a personalized development plan with a diversity of training methods.
- There will be career opportunities within the company (local, regional and globally).
- You will receive 25 days of annual leave on full time base.
- There is an option to take part of our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- We offer a divers benefit package.
Only local applicants will be considered.