Air Import Customer Service Agent
- Naritaweg, 1436 Aalsmeerderbrug, Netherlands
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals
in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors
satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through
customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems.
Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight,
customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite
transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized
logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
We believe our employees are our greatest competitive advantage, by focusing on
our values and culture we make Expeditors’ greatest competitive advantage in
global supply chain services.
“You’d be surprised how far we’ll go for you.”
Ensure the proper and timely movement of freight and information, while providing an exceptional customer service within the air Import department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operating system.
- Ensure a smooth and timely process flow regarding the air Import department.
- Accurate and timely data entry into the operational system.
- Track and trace of all air Import files and report the status/updates internally and to the customers.
- Ensure that customer’s freight are delivered on timely base.
- Ensure documents are timely sent to customer or broker for customs purposes.
- Ensure accurate and timely client and vendors billing.
- To be interactive and proactive with our customers regarding arranging their freight/shipments by meeting their requirements and service standards.
- Consistently work on maintaining good understanding, communication and relationship with our customers, airlines, trucking companies and others.
- To make sure that we meet our internal and external compliance regulations /standards at all times and that this is according to our government regulations.
- Fully understand the air import process flow and be proactive involved in looking for best practices to improve the operational process to be more effective, efficient and productive.
- Ensure all customers standard operating procedures are followed and updated in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Meet KPI standards, as per the company’s procedures/customs requirements.
- Timely response on emails from customers, suppliers, carriers and our internal network.
- 6 months to 1 year related logistic experience and/or training;
- A flexible and hard worker, no 9-5 mentality.
- Open to work during the nightshift, weekend shift and on National Holidays;
- Be a team player and have the ability to listen, comprehend and effectively communicate to obtain positive results;
- Pro-active and strong organizational skills;
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PPP and Outlook);
- IATA and/or ADR DG Certification is preferred, not mandatory;
- Be able to write and speak in English and Dutch.
- We offer a position for 38,75 hours a week (fulltime).
- You will be part of a professional/international, open, enthusiastic team and environment.
- You will receive a personalized development plan with a diversity of training methods.
- There will be career opportunities within the company (local, regional and globally).
- You will receive 25 days of annual leave on full time base.
- There is an option to take part of our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- We offer a divers benefit package.
Only local applicants will be considered.