Air Export Customer Service Representative
- Trondheim 14, 2993 LE Barendrecht, Netherlands
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide
network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems.
Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
We believe our employees are our greatest competitive advantage, by focusing on our values and culture
we make Expeditors’ greatest competitive advantage in global supply chain services.
“You’d be surprised how far we’ll go for you.”
Ensure the proper and timely movement of freight and information, while providing an exceptional customer service within the Air Export department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure a smooth and timely process flow regarding the air export freight.
- Accurate and timely data entry into the operational system.
- Track and trace of all air export files and report the status/updates internally and to the customers.
- Ensure that customer's freight are delivered on timely base.
- Ensure air export documents are timely sent to our customers or broker for customs purposes.
- Ensure accurate and timely client and vendors billing.
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer service standards.
- Contribute to maintain strong relationships with vendors (airlines, trucking companies, and others).
- Meet compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Operational Process Standards (OPS) and external government regulations or customer’s policies / requirements.
- Understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency.
- Ensure all customers standard operating procedures are followed and updated in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Meet KPI standards, as per the company’s procedures/customs requirements.
- Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external).
- 1-2 year(s) related logistics work experience.
- You’re a flexible and hard worker, no 9-5 mentality.
- Be a team player and have the ability to listen, comprehend and effectively communicate to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active and strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PPP and Outlook).
- IATA and/or ADR DG Certification is preferred, not mandatory.
- Be able to write and speak in English and Dutch.
- We offer a position for 38,75 hours a week (fulltime).
- You will be part of a professional/international, open, enthusiastic team and environment.
- You will receive a personalized development plan with a diversity of training methods.
- There will be career opportunities within the company (local, regional and globally).
- You will receive 25 days of annual leave on full time base.
- There is an option to take part of our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- We offer a divers benefit package.
Only local applicants will be considered.