Agent - Air Import gateway
- Naritaweg, 1436 Aalsmeerderbrug, Netherlands
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder.
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide
network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems.
Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
We believe our employees are our greatest competitive advantage, by focusing on our values and culture
we make Expeditors’ greatest competitive advantage in global supply chain services.
“You’d be surprised how far we’ll go for you.”
Ensure the proper and timely movement of Air import freight, documents and information, while providing an
exceptional customer service within the departments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operating system.
- Track and trace Air Import files as required. This can be either internally (Expeditors offices and internal systems) or externally via airline and ground handlers.
- Contribute to maintain strong relationships with vendors (airlines, trucking companies, ground handlers and others).
- Working within the Expeditors compliance rules.
- Meet KPI standards, as per the company’s and department procedures.
- Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external).
- Communicate with origins/airlines/ground handlers about delays/missing shipments.
- Understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency.
- Prepare the needed documents.
- Excellent communication within the team.
- Minimum of 6 months experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- IATA DG and/or IATA Cargo certification is preferred, not mandatory.
- Fluent in English and Dutch (verbally and reading/writing).
- You are a flexible and hard worker, no 9-5 mentality.
- Open to work during the evening and weekend shift.
- Software/computer knowledge (Excel, Word and outlook).
- You’re a real team player, professional, self-disciplined, customer service minded, accurate.
- Continuously striving to expand your knowledge.
- We offer a fulltime position for 38,75 hours a week.
- You will be part of a professional/international, open, enthusiastic team and environment.
- You will receive a personalized development plan with a diversity of training methods.
- There will be career opportunities within the company (local, regional and globally).
- You will receive 25 days of annual leave on full time base.
- There is an option to take part of our Employee Stock Purchasing Plan.
- We offer a divers benefit package.
Only local applicants will be considered.