Agent - Air Export Gateway
- Naritaweg, 1436 Aalsmeerderbrug, Netherlands
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide
network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems.
Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
We believe our employees are our greatest competitive advantage, by focusing on our values and culture
we make Expeditors’ greatest competitive advantage in global supply chain services.
“You’d be surprised how far we’ll go for you.”
In this challenging and varied position you will be responsible for the correct receiving, processing and follow up on all air freight shipments moving through the Air Export Gateway.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing a huge flow of emails and phone calls from origin stations, carriers and handlers;
- Tracking and tracing of outbound shipments;
- Updating and monitoring of various reports (data entry);
- Processing customs documents in our customs system (data entry);
- Planning shipments on ULD’s (Unit Loading Devices);
- Booking air export shipments with several airlines/carriers;
- Building a network/relations with the carriers and origin stations;
- Working closely with your colleagues of the export warehouse;
- Working within the Expeditors compliance rules;
- Understanding the department process flow.
- Minimum of 2 years related logistics work experience.
- IATA DG and/or ADR DF certification is preferred, not mandatory.
- Fluent in English and Dutch (verbally and reading/writing).
- You’re a flexible and hard worker, no 9-5 mentality.
- Open to work during the nightshift, weekend shift and on National Holidays.
- Software/computer knowledge (Excel, Word and outlook).
- Constantly looking for areas to improve and ways to work more efficiently.
- Be a team player and have the ability to listen, comprehend and effectively communicate to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active and strong organizational skills.
- We offer a fulltime position for 38,75 hours a week.
- You will be part of a professional/international, open, enthusiastic team and environment.
- You will receive a personalized development plan with a diversity of training methods.
- There will be career opportunities within the company (local, regional and globally).
- You will receive 25 days of annual leave on full time base.
- There is an option to take part of our Employee Stock Purchasing Plan.
- We offer a divers benefit package.
Only local applicants will be considered.