Training Support Intern (Opportunity Knocks)
- 1015 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Opportunity Knocks is a temporary, paid internship program within Expeditors to assist in the professional development of underserved youth and young adults without a degree, typically between the ages of 16 and 24.
Expeditors is a leader in the international transportation industry looking for motivated team players who desire a challenging and rewarding place to work. Expeditors culture of organic growth and promotion from within great people.
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 16,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
This position supports the Training Department globally. Need to be able to work independently; multi-task; pay great attention to detail and manage your workload in a fast-paced, sometimes high-stress work environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service Desk Support – answer, solve employee training questions
- Administrative support for the Global Professional Development Center (PDC)
- Support training certification programs and processes
- Produce training materials for branch training or special request classes
- Coordinate multimedia training
- Data entry and or set up tasks for Learning Management System
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail, curiosity, professionalism, integrity, sense of humor
- Excellent attendance practices
- Strong desire to solve problems and care for work standards, efficiency and improving productivity
- Ability to work independently, but also to seek help when needed to accomplish goals
- Interest in the logistics industry or learning management systems is a plus
- Part-time, temporary internship
- Opportunity for promotion
- Ability to develop
- Professional Training Plan
- Intern will learn about Expeditors and the logistics industry
- Networking with Expeditors employees and fellow interns is available
- 1-2 hours of industry or skill training per week