Regional Manager Business Operations – Process
- Johannesburg, Johannesburg, za
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Global Role (50% of responsibilities):
- Get full and proper usage of existing systems and tools by GEO’s and Operations
- Introduce new processes to our operations in our pursuit of relentless efficiency
- Receive and roll out new operating systems and related tools – and provide meaningful feedback
- Support the deployment and improvement of Global Business Operations strategy and efforts
- Collaborate with other district, regional, and global resources to build consistency in all processes
- Contribute to a global operational standard to create and protect the pursuit of a Best in Class operation
- Oversee and guide local efforts to drive and enhance Expeditors' strategic initiatives
- Take direction from Regional Manager, Business Operations (SVP region)
- Work alongside Regional Manager, Business Solutions ( RVP region) to deliver reporting and automation to the field
- Produce expected results locally in line with Corporate standards through improved processes, visibility to performance, data governance, and exception management
- Identify and prioritize problem areas within business operations through communication with operational staff and via [observation, process mapping, timing studies, and other] process analysis methods
- Provide training for every employee in the art and application of the Fundamentals of Business Process, through both teaching and mentoring
- Coordinate with local management to identify opportunities to improve quality, service, trade compliance, and profitability through the pursuit of efficiency and consistency
- Present improved data and analytics for internal business opportunity and external client value
Sustain & Protect:
- Pull and support the movement of all Districts to District Excellence status
- Oversight in District audits and assessments to comply with Operational Process Standards
- Support District Excellence progress through Region (i.e., evaluate performance against defined project goals)
- Support GEO SVP/other project and initiative completion criteria is met
- Participate and support established guidelines in both process and technology development
- Drive consistency in system, event and visibility usage
- Conduct Operational Performance Audits against documented standards
- Communicate and escalate areas of opportunity, performance results and organizational risk to the appropriate level of executive management
- Monitor District Excellence metrics and promote behaviors and processes to close the performance gap between districts
- Follow-up with branches to ensure effective and timely resolution to documented improvement opportunities.
- Facilitate and provide training for District GBOs and every employee in the art and application of the Effective problem solving, through both training and mentoring.
- Review Operational Performance Assessment requirements collaboratively with geo, product and service.
- Support 3rd party audit requirements and execution (ie: ISO, Industry, Regulatory, Customer)
- Collaborate with Regional and Branch Business Process Analysts/Managers to conduct Operational Assessments driving continuous improvements in Operational Process Standards.
- Drive the development and training of Branch Process Analyst’s at branch or country level through the District GBO Development Maps.
- Expeditors Product and Service knowledge
- Transition & Implementation knowledge
- Understanding of Process Fundamentals
- Strong PC and analytical skills, including experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong presentation skills
- Effective project management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, with ability to relate to employees at all levels
- Effective problem solving skills
Expeditors offers excellent compensation benefit program.
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Medical Insurance for Employee and Immediate Family Members
- Life Insurance for Employee
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Stock Options Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.