Regional Compliance SME (Subject-Matter expert) Supervisor On-site
- Claude Debussylaan, 1082 Amsterdam, Netherlands
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of
international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems.
Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and
customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
We believe our employees are our greatest competitive advantage, by focusing on our values and culture we make Expeditors’ greatest competitive advantage in global supply chain services.
“You’d be surprised how far we’ll go for you.”
The Regional Compliance SME Supervisor will be part of a Global Onsite Team supporting one of Expeditors’ High Tech customers within an import/export operation utilizing their personal technical compliance experience in context when needed.
The Regional Compliance SME Supervisor will be accountable for meeting all major duties and responsibilities outlined below in a timely and responsive manner, as directed by the Onsite Compliance Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains relationships with Expeditors High Tech customers to support activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of the company.
- Provide regulatory guidance and oversight to the Expeditors High Tech customers and onsite team members on export/import issues within parameters outlined.
- Responsible to monitor changes to export/import regulatory requirements and proactively develop operating plans to support execution and compliance.
- Coordinates and supports the EMEA Onsite Customs Compliance Team members.
- Manages customs compliance requests via customer's proprietary ticketing system and ensure smooth and timely export/import process flow.
- Review, approve Commercial Invoice, shipping documents and analyze complex compliance queries.
- Train new staff in assigned duties, assess progress of trainees and assign additional duties as appropriate.
- Ensure team is in full compliance with all applicable trade regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Standard Work Instructions (SWI), external government regulations and customer policies / requirements.
- Targeting and implementing process improvements including SWIs, SOPs.
- Drafts and completes daily, weekly reports and documents.
- Develop and maintain excellent service to internal and external customers/3rd parties at all times.
- Actively engaged in advanced planning deployments.
- Responsible for daily tracking of operational metrics.
- Meets company standards of 52 hours training per year per employee.
- Attend training classes when required.
- Complete mandatory training when required.
- On-site Compliance Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of direct experience managing and leading teams.
- 3-5 years related experience in import or export compliance/international logistics operations and/or international consultative experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compliance, regulations, global freight forwarding, export/import related industry.
- Ability to develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness.
- Pro-active, strong organizational, project management, document controller and organiser skills.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with external and internal customers to gather information and coordinate projects and/or shipments to satisfy the customer’s needs.
- Ability to work under stress and problem solve, enabling teams and individuals to meet and exceed customer’s deadlines.
- Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals.
- Customs Brokerage License preferred.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, email and various PC based software applications.
- We offer a position for 38,75 hours a week (fulltime).
- You will be part of a professional/international, open, enthusiastic team and environment.
- You will receive a personalized development plan with a diversity of training methods.
- There will be career opportunities within the company (local, regional and globally).
- You will receive 25 days of annual leave on full time base.
- There is an option to take part of our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- We offer a divers benefit package.
Only local applicants will be considered.