Supervisor - IS Development, Distribution
- 1015 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
Expeditors Distribution is a key piece of our door-to-door global logistics solutions offerings. Our services allow us to receive, manage, and distribute our customer's freight on demand locally or on a larger scale. Our software is highly configurable allowing us to support many business models and customer needs from simple pallet-in/pallet-out models to more complicated picking models.
The IS Development Supervisor in Distribution is responsible for coordinating, assigning, and overseeing software development work. The Supervisor will have 6 - 8 direct reports and is expected to train, mentor and coach team members. The Supervisor will also be collaborating with business owners and other stakeholders to bring on new projects, schedule work, improve processes, and develop Distribution solutions.
· Leading successful projects from inception to delivery
· Leadership of a technical discipline within a development project team
· Analyzing complex transactional data to help inform software and process decisions
· Coaching and mentoring of team members
· Working knowledge of Java, Smalltalk, and/or other development languages
· Understanding of software development technologies and processes
· Understanding of Distribution and Warehousing business domain
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
- Position is full time – 40 hour work week Monday – Friday
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Key words: Logistics, Global Supply Chain, Warehouse Management