District Trade Compliance Manager - Indianapolis
- 730 Columbia Road, Plainfield, IN, United States
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
As a subject matter expert in Trade Compliance, the District Trade Compliance Manager (DTCM) will assist in ensuring that the Company meets its obligation to comply with all Company policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Administer and execute the Compliance Program at branch level, according to company objectives, policies and procedures. Serve as the primary District-level resource for Trade Compliance. Perform District, Regional and Corporate mandated daily, weekly, and monthly monitoring activities. Train, monitor, assess, and guide employees on Trade Compliance.
- Proactively communicate and closely coordinate with relevant parties, including management. Maintain knowledge about Company’s systems and how those systems support the Company’s ongoing Trade Compliance goals.
- Support and implement our Company-wide Trade Compliance effort by implementing, monitoring, assessing and reporting to relevant parties and management on preventive measures and detection monitors.
- Keep informed of current and proposed laws, regulations, directives, rules, and policies applicable to the relevant District governing Trade Compliance at Expeditors and regarding the industry in general.
- Ensure branch implementation of all products’ operations procedures related to import/export Customs regulatory compliance. Communicate compliance issues, trends and requirements to applicable department managers and support sales staff and managers in business development.
- Provide regular updates to relevant parties and management on branch performance, audit findings, red flags, legislative changes, policies, procedures, rules or regulation amendments, and related administrative issues/questions.
- Assist with customer transition and implementation and general Branch activities and operations where requested.
- Minimum 5 years forwarding industry experience or equivalent.
- Import and Export Specialist Certifications and Broker's License.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency with basic computer applications.
- Strong understanding of applicable Trade Compliance laws and regulations.
- College degree.
- No objection to background check, as permitted by applicable law.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday
- Group Life & Medical Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.