Regional Trade Compliance Manager – Indochina & Philippines
- 44th Floor, Empire Tower, Park Wing, No. 1, South Sathorn Road,, Bangkok, Thailand
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
As a Fortune 500 company, Expeditors employs more than 15,000 trained professionals in a worldwide network of over 300 locations across six continents. Expeditors satisfies the increasingly sophisticated needs of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems. Our services include the consolidation and forwarding of air or ocean freight, customs brokerage, vendor consolidation, cargo insurance, time-definite transportation, order management, warehousing, distribution and customized logistics solutions. Expeditors is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
As a subject matter expert in Trade Compliance, the Regional Trade Compliance Manager (RTCM) will assist the Director, Trade Compliance in ensuring that the Company meets its obligation to comply with all Company policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Serve as the primary regional resource for Trade Compliance, and closely manage and communicate regularly with the District Trade Compliance Managers (DTCMs) in the region to ensure consistent and accurate messaging and implementation.
- Proactively communicate and closely coordinate with relevant parties, including the senior management.
- Maintain knowledge about Company’s systems and how those systems support the Company’s ongoing Trade Compliance goals.
- Support and implement our Company-wide Trade Compliance effort by implementing, monitoring, assessing and reporting to relevant parties and senior management on preventive measures and detection monitors within his/her region.
- Provide regular updates to relevant parties and senior management on branch performance, audit findings, red flags, legislative changes, policies, procedures, rules or regulation amendments, and related administrative issues/questions.
- Train, monitor, assess, mentor and guide the DTCMs within his/her region.
- Ensure Trade Compliance requirements are being met timely and consistently across the entire geographic area through, fostering a supportive and collaborative culture within the team of Trade Compliance.
- Proficiency in English and at least one of the languages spoken in the applicable region.
- Strong understanding of applicable Trade Compliance laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of Sanctioned and Embargoed Countries, Denied Party Screening, and Export
Controls Awareness, under U.S. law and the laws of other jurisdictions that have implemented U.N. Sanctions.
- No impediment to travel as needed to branches throughout the region.
- Ability to present to and communicate with customers throughout the region.
- Experience and confidence with working with Corporate and Regional Executive Management.
- IATA/FIATA & DG certification.
- Security Protocol training: C-TPAT, AEO, STP, and /or other regulated security protocols.
- Customs Broker license in the jurisdiction in which one is located, if applicable.
- Preferably seven (7) years of experience in logistics compliance or related field.
- No objection to background check, as permitted by applicable law.
Position may be based in BKK, MNL, SGN or HAN.