User Experience Designer III - Visibility
- Seattle, WA
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business.” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
- 15,000 trained professionals
- 250+ locations worldwide
- Fortune 500
- Globally unified systems
The Visibility Functional Development Group provides software for internal and external customers to track, manage, and analyze their supply chain. Working collaboratively with our Development teams, you’ll create a better experience for our users.
You'll help define and illustrate the business vision for our systems, and rally the team around it so the vision is shared. You'll provide design leadership and direction, and lead the team to balanced design decisions.
Using proven qualitative and quantitative research techniques you’ll discover pain points and opportunities, and help our stakeholders understand and prioritize user needs and requirements. You’ll communicate insights that generate an in-depth understanding of users and solutions. You’ll be creative and flexible about process, ensuring that teams have the information they need to provide value to customers as quickly as possible.
You’ll collaborate with teams to turn research insights into effective design concepts. You’ll facilitate design discussions, provide clear rationale for design ideas and explain how they align to user and business goals. You’ll create wireframes and prototypes, present them to stakeholders and iterate designs based on feedback.
• Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale , and motivating the team to execute towards a shared vision
• Demonstrated experience with major research methodologies, user centered design principles and user interface design patterns
• The ability to use design tools to create sketches, wireframes, prototypes and mockups
• A portfolio that demonstrates experience in UX research and design
• 5 years of relevant work experience
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, Informatics or related field
• Experience managing, leading or coaching designers and researchers
• Experience with Optimal Workshop, Fluid Survey, Adobe Creative Cloud, and MS Office tools
• Experience with Agile and Scrum
• An understanding of modern coding languages and tools and how they are used to improve the overall experience
• Familiarity with supply chain and logistics business concepts
Expeditors offers competitive benefits to all full time employees including:
Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Training and Personnel Development Program
Position is full time – 40 hour work week Monday – Friday
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.