Accounting Manager (d/w/m)
- Torstraße 117, 10119 Berlin, Germany
We help expats settle in and find their place.
Expath combines award-winning global mobility services and innovative language training to provide Germany’s international residents with all the skills, tools and information they need to set up life in their new home country.
Founded in 2012 to help expats moving to Berlin navigate bureaucracy and learn German, Expath now provides global mobility and language training services to some of Berlin’s largest and most successful start-ups and tech firms - helping 1000s of expats relocate to Germany every year!
Our expertise in global mobility and language learning and hands-on friendly customer service are known throughout Berlin, which is why we’ve quadrupled in the past two years – and we're still growing!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it: Oversee and optimize daily accounting operations, develop new financial reporting systems to capture our expansion into new markets in Germany and abroad, and help define our company’s future.
How you will meet this challenge:
- Optimize existing systems of financial accounting, integrating them with tax accounting systems kept by our tax advisors.
- Evaluate existing accounting practices and procedures, and develop and implement changes that increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Supervise bookkeeper and manage monthly document submission process to tax advisors, serving as primary liaison to them.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on financial performance.
- Compile data and conduct analysis to make projections and forecasts, support financial planning, and make recommendations to leadership.
- Prepare and maintain an annual operating budget, and collaborate with other departments to develop and implement program budgets.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable, ensuring timely payment and reconciliation.
- Create and maintain excellent financial controls, policies and procedures, and ensure adherence to financial laws and accounting guidelines.
- Serve as data security compliance officer for the company (external training provided).
What you’ll bring:
- You have 2+ years’ accounting or financial management experience.
- You are well-versed in accounting practices and regulations in Germany, specifically for a GmbH.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field.
- You speak English at C1+ level and German at B1+ level.
- You have experience with DATEV, Lexoffice, or other leading accounting softwares.
- You are an Excel wizard, and get excited by macros and pivot tables.
- You have strong project management, communication, organization and collaboration skills.
- You are energized by working in a fast-paced environment full of puzzles to solve.
- You have a very high level of goal and customer orientation and self-motivation, and are charming with a friendly persistence.
- You have a caring personality, are a great communicator and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Your time management is superior and you are able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
What we offer:
- Shape your own key role in a fast-growing company.
- Work autonomously and independently to define your role and manage your workflow.
- Merit-based increases and perks such as company pension.
- Collaborative environment that supports employee professional growth.
- Work with the nicest team in Berlin!
We’re excited for the next phase of our evolution – Berlin and beyond. Will you be a part of it?
Come join us! Apply through SmartRecruiters - and please send us a cover letter! We want to hear about your successes, and how you'll apply them to your new role at Expath.
(D/W/M) – We value diversity and look forward to receiving your application irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnicity, social background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity – come as you are!