Human Resources Manager (full-time, m/w/d)
- Torstraße 117, 10119 Berlin, Germany
We help expats settle in and find their place.
Expath combines award-winning global mobility services and innovative language training to provide Germany’s international residents with all the skills, tools and information they need to set up life in their new home country.
Founded in 2012 to help expats moving to Berlin navigate bureaucracy and learn German, Expath now provides global mobility and language training services to some of Berlin’s largest and most successful start-ups and tech firms - helping 1000s of expats relocate to Germany every year!
Our expertise in global mobility and language learning and hands-on friendly customer service are known throughout Berlin, which is why we’ve quadrupled in the past two years – and we're still growing!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it: ensure Expath’s team is hired, trained and well-managed as we expand in Germany and Europe – and across the world with our new online language classes.
How you will meet this challenge:
- Set up applicant management processes to move candidates smoothly and professionally from application to interview to onboarding
- Coordinate hiring processes for freelancers and employees, including recruiting, screening, interviewing, and any other hiring manager support
- Write and revise job descriptions and posting or sharing job ads in appropriate channels
- Set up and track KPIs related to applicant management
- Work with management and Marketing team to strengthen employer branding
- Recommend and implement new HR policies and procedures
- Manage employee records and processes according to German employment law and GDPR compliance (e.g. handling holiday, absences, parental leave, resignations, etc.)
- Update and implement systems for employee performance reviews, budget for salaries and raises, professional development trainings, corporate social responsibility, etc.
- Help develop company policies and conduct team trainings (e.g. GDPR policies, diversity & inclusion policy, etc.)
What you’ll bring:
- You’ve already got 2+ years' experience working as an HR Manager in Germany and are eager for the chance to set up your own HR processes and policies
- You’re passionate about attracting, winning and onboarding the best talent around – and don’t mind the administration that comes with the recruitment process
- You are very familiar with German labor law and can recommend and implement policies for things like holiday, parental leave, employee reviews, staff GDPR guidelines, etc. Familiarity with laws related to working with freelancers is a plus.
- Working in a fast-paced environment at a company undergoing strong growth excites you
- You speak fluent English and German (C1+) and are fully confident using both languages for high-level tasks like interviews, employee reviews, editing contracts, etc.
- You’re passionate about Expath’s mission: to help expats settle in and find their place.
- Please note that due to travel restrictions and visa/work permit delays due to COVID-19, we are currently only able to consider applicants for this role who are already living in Germany and who do not require work permit sponsorship. (We hope this will change in 2021!)
What we offer:
- Shape your own key role in a fast-growing company.
- Work autonomously and independently to lead your team and manage your workflow.
- Competitive compensation with merit-based increases.
- Collaborative environment that supports employee professional growth.
- Work with the nicest team in Berlin!
We’re excited for the next phase of our evolution – Berlin and beyond. Will you be a part of it?
Come join us! Apply through SmartRecruiters - and please send us a cover letter telling us how and why you are motivated to help expats settle in and find their place, and how you would approach setting up your own HR department at Expath.
PLEASE NOTE that due to travel restrictions and visa/work permit delays due to COVID-19, we are currently only able to consider applicants for this role who are already living in Germany and who do not require work permit sponsorship.