Language School Coordinator (full-time, m/w/d)
- Torstraße 117, 10119 Berlin, Germany
We help expats settle in and find their place.
Expath combines innovative language training and award-winning relocation services to provide Berlin’s international residents with all the skills, tools and information they need to set up life in their new home city.
Founded in 2012 by Tia Robinson and Stephan Brenner to help expats moving to Berlin navigate bureaucracy and learn German, Expath now also provides global mobility and language training services to some of Berlin’s largest and most successful start-ups and tech firms.
Thanks to our teaching expertise, hands-on friendly customer service, and our team of over 60 dedicated teachers, Expath’s reach extends today to over 600 language learners.
With two central locations in Mitte and Neukölln and in-house classes for over 20 company partners, growth is accelerating – with a doubling of monthly revenue and full-time team members in just the past year!
As we prepare to expand across Germany and Europe, we are looking for a Language School Coordinator to help us take Expath to the next level. Are you ready to become an advocate for our brand and an expert in customer service and teacher coordination?
How you will meet this challenge:
- Responsible for all Language School B2C Customer Service; act as first point of contact for any inquiries including in-person, by phone and email and provide follow-up support for students.
- Assign classes to teachers and coordinate with our CRM Manager to ensure new company language classes are set up quickly and meet client expectations; provide customer service to company class language students.
- Coordinate substitutions and provide handovers for substitute teacher or cancel classes if no substitute can be found in a timely manner.
- Check teacher invoices and teacher compliance regarding invoice requirements.
- Answer teachers' requests concerning admin issues in-person, on phone and via email.
- Responsible for Learning Center Maintenance, including set up of classrooms, kitchen and bathrooms, restocking supplies and general office management.
What you’ll bring:
- You have 1-2 years of customer service or office administration work experience.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree; international internships are a plus.
- You speak German at B2/C1 level, with near-native English fluency (C1+) and have the intercultural competencies that come with speaking several languages.
- You are a fast learner and are enthusiastic about customer service and CRM tools.
- You are passionate about helping and serving clients, have a high level of goal and customer orientation and self-motivation, and are charming with a friendly persistence.
- You have a caring personality, are a great communicator and have excellent written and verbal communication skills (both German and English).
- You are able to work proactively and independently.
- You have strong organizational and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Your time management is excellent and you know how to multitask and prioritize work.
- You pay attention to detail and succeed in tying up all loose ends.
What we offer:
- Shape your own critical role in a fast-growing company.
- Independent and autonomous workflow management.
- Competitive compensation.
- Collaborative environment that supports employee professional growth.
- Work with the nicest team in Berlin!
We’re excited for the next phase of our evolution – Berlin and beyond. Will you a be part of it? Come join us!
Apply with your CV and cover letter through Smart Recruiter or by e-mail: jobs(at)expath.de