Senior Program (Project) Manager (Agile/Technology Pharmaceutical)
- Alameda, CA, USA
- Location: Alameda
- Department: Digital Transformation
- Division: General & Administrative
- Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Every Exelixis employee is united in an ambitious cause: to launch innovative medicines that give patients and their families hope for the future. In this pursuit, we know our employees are our most valuable asset. After operating in the challenging biotech sector for 25 years, we have a proven track record of resiliency in the face of adversity. The success of our lead product has provided a solid commercial foundation allowing us to reinvigorate our research efforts, and grow our team in areas such as Drug Discovery, Clinical Development and Commercial.
As we expand our global partnerships and further reinvest in R&D to help us discover the next breakthrough for difficult-to-treat cancers, we’re seeking to add talented, dedicated employees to power our mission.
Cancer is our cause. Make it yours, too.
Exelixis is embarking on a 3-year Technology Roadmap implementation and the Enterprise Technology function is looking for a seasoned expert in Project Management who can join a product-centric Agile organization to drive various projects within the Enterprise Technology program and associated investments
Reporting to the Executive Director of Enterprise Technology Program Management, the Senior Program Manager will act as the key project lead and driver for the Company's Enterprise Technology programs and governance. Working closely with Leadership from Digital Transformation and Information Technology, the Senior Manager will drive the tactical execution of the assigned projects throughout their software development life cycle. They will ensure alignment with the overall business strategy and drive achievement of key company and core team goals by playing a pivotal integrative role. The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for leading day-to-day activities with the goal of driving cross-functional coordination and communication and support the Digital Transformation and IT groups with comprehensive proactive risk dentification / mitigation strategies to ensure the project goals are successfully executed within agreed budgets and timelines. The role is based in our Alameda, CA location
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead program management activities including Demand management & prioiroitization, Portfolio planning, operations, vendor selection & management, tracking, reporting, global risk assessment & mitigation, and success measurement
• Lead ongoing development and maintenance of integrated cross-functional project plans including Target Product Profiles to enable accurate financial and project analysis and planning
• Contribute to long-range planning and budgetary planning at the program level
• Facilitate decision-making, collaboration, and problem-solving with people at all levels of the organization to accomplish shared goals
• Effectively manage multiple programs and responsibilities concurrently
• Drive day-to-day program management activities to meet milestones; monitoring critical path activities to ensure delivery of project objectives
• Identify and develop risk mitigations strategies by effective cross-functional responses to changing circumstances/unforeseen events
• Lead meetings, facilitate decision making, collaboration and problem solving with people at all levels of the organization to accomplish shared project goals
• Report and present program information to executive leadership team as requested
• Influence and work with all related stakeholders so that they provide key data, and where required work with them to troubleshoot and problem solve issues in meeting
• Build and leverage relationships and networks to improve and enhance team dynamics; proactively identifying opportunities and removing obstacles to drive business results
• Leverage strong organizational knowledge, leadership and facilitation skills to optimize team meetings and facilitate effective governance and decision making
• No Direct Supervision
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Bachelors degree in related discipline 8 years of related experience; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience/The Ideal Candidate will have:
• Typically requires a minimum of 4 - 5 years of Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry Project management experience
• Additional Project management certification a plus
• Knowledge of procedures and best practices related to FDA, EMA, GCP compliance, Computer System Validation, and other regulations governing clinical development and operations.
• Knowledge of Technology, product development, engineering with broader understanding of Biotech/Pharma functions including R&D, Pharma Ops, Manufacturing & Supply Chain, G&A, Commercial is desirable
• Prior experience working in Agile project management environment
• Demonstrated success supporting complex projects involving multiple stakeholders to goal achievement
• Track record of delivering in a fast-paced, innovative, dynamic environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient
• Outstanding influencing skills up, down and across the organization including executive/senior management
• Excellent verbal and written communication and facilitation skills; history of communicating/presenting clearly and concisely; bringing issues to closure in cross-functional group settings
• Record of building trust and maintaining partnerships with team members to collaborate on progress toward project goals
• Anticipates and supports development of multiple, creative strategic solutions which incorporate in-depth overview of current / future view of overall portfolio
• Works on problems of extremely diverse scope and complexity where analysis of data may require evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Develops relationships with senior internal and external personnel in area of expertise.
• Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways and/or using a combination of company procedures
• Follows company intellectual property and compliance policies and practices
• Environment: primarily working indoors of buildings
• Physical effort/lifting, such as sedentary - up to 10 pounds
• Travel not typically required
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.