Computer Operator 2nd Shift
- 349 Marshall Ave, St. Louis, MO 63119, USA
Exegy provides best-of-breed technology and managed services for the normalization and distribution of real-time market data to a diverse set of elite firms in the financial services industry. At the heart of Exegy’s product line are purpose-built, hardware-accelerated appliances derived from an extensive portfolio of patented and patent-pending technology.
Exegy, Inc. has a full-time Computer Operator 2nd Shift opening in St. Louis MO. 1+ years Linux Server experience required. The operator will be responsible for change management, monitoring, and providing 1st level support for all customer production servers and networks, IT systems, nightly processes, and server environments.
If you are interested, please apply via the following link:
No phone calls please.
No third party resumes please.
Able to work Second Shift; 1+ years Linux Server experience required; Strong people/communication skills; Basic documentation skills; Attention to detail and troubleshooting skills are required; Understanding of networking technologies; Understanding scripting languages a plus; Experience with firewalls and VPNs a plus; Knowledge of basic database concepts a plus; Ability to work with little or no supervision.
The work hours (CST) will be:
Sun 4pm - Mon 12am
Mon 4pm - Tue 12am
Tue 4pm - Wed 12am
Wed 4pm - Thu 12am
Thu 4pm - Fri 12am
Prefer candidates local to St. Louis MO.
- The initiation and tracking of support cases
- Monitoring of application logs on production servers
- Monitoring of network links to production facilities
- Escalation of issues to appropriate team members
- Performing software releases
- Keeping current the configuration management database
- Monitoring of nightly backup jobs
- Completion of all logs and shift turnover reports
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- This position requires the person to occasionally move about the office to access equipment, etc
- May require mobility to include reaching overhead, crawling, climbing, and balancing; occasional bending over, crouching, kneeling, pushing/pulling; frequent sitting, standing walking, lifting and may include under desks and in server room
- Catered lunches on Fridays and social events
- A fridge of La Croix and other beverages (coffee, tea, energy drinks)
- Ping pong, foosball, and shuffle board tables
- Competitive health, vision, and dental benefits as well as generous PTO
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.