Computer Operator s2
- 349 Marshall Ave, St. Louis, MO 63119, USA
Exegy provides best-of-breed technology and managed services for the normalization and distribution of real-time market data to a diverse set of elite firms in the financial services industry. At the heart of Exegy’s product line are purpose-built, hardware-accelerated appliances derived from an extensive portfolio of patented and patent-pending technology.
Exegy, Inc. has a full-time internal Computer Operator opening in St. Louis MO. 1+ years Linux Server experience required. The Computer Operator will work second shift from 4pm until 12am. The operator will be responsible for change management, monitoring, and providing 1st level support for all customer production servers and networks, IT systems, nightly processes, and server environments.
If you are interested, please apply via the following link:
No phone calls please.
No third party resumes please.
This position is for secod shift from 4pm until 12am; 1+ years Linux Server experience required; Strong people/communication skills; Basic documentation skills; Attention to detail and troubleshooting skills are required; Understanding of networking technologies; Understanding scripting languages a plus; Experience with firewalls and VPNs a plus; Knowledge of basic database concepts a plus; High school diploma or equivalent required; Ability to work with little or no supervision.
Must be local to St. Louis MO metro area. Relocation not provided for this role.
- The initiation and tracking of support cases
- Monitoring of application logs on production servers
- Monitoring of network links to production facilities
- Escalation of issues to appropriate team members
- Performing software releases
- Keeping current the configuration management database
- Monitoring of nightly backup jobs
- Completion of all logs and shift turnover reports
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- This position requires the person to occasionally move about the office to access equipment, etc
- May require mobility to include reaching overhead, crawling, climbing, and balancing; occasional bending over, crouching, kneeling, pushing/pulling; frequent sitting, standing walking, lifting and may include under desks and in server room
- Other duties as assigned
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.