Hardware Engineer (Junior level)
- 480 Olde Worthington Rd, Westerville, OH 43082, USA
Exceptional Innovation is relentlessly focused on discovering, developing and delivering innovative solutions that connect our customers to the people they serve through the advanced use of technology. With our reach, range and resources, we provide our customers a universal platform for driving their vision into their markets using consistent and reliable entertainment and connectivity services. Our solutions leverage the platform to assist our customers in making intelligent decisions to actively engage and inspire the people they serve. Exceptional Innovation has more than 30 years’ experience and operates in the key strategic geographies of the USA, Central and Latin America, Europe, Asia, South Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, supporting more than 485,000 guest rooms.
We are currently searching for an entry to junior level engineer to join our Hardware Engineering team. This is a dynamic role that will provide the opportunity to work with multiple different technology disciplines and allow you to greatly grow your skillset. Day to day responsibilities change on a project basis, and could include any of the following:
- Creation of schematics and circuit design for a variety of applications including consumer products, medical products, and hospitality products.
- Creation of PCB layouts for a variety of products, this will require close collaboration with mechanical engineering.
- Assist in rapid prototyping of solutions through informal collaboration and breadboard designs.
- Every prototype has documented details on suppliers, costs, risks and instructions for integration.
- Work with mechanical engineering, software engineering and qualification teams on system bring up, design validation and support teams in debug/failure analysis investigation.
- Drive resolution of cross-functional issues including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing), and development (schematic design, PCB layout, and overall system integration).
- Coordinate and/or design, develop, modify and evaluate electronic and/or electromechanical components assemblies/subsystems under specific time and cost constraints. While ensuring designs are cost efficient, manufacturable and are reliable.
- Ability to carry new designs into mass production for low-high volume products with contract manufacturers in USA and abroad.
- Take your designs through UL, CE, and EMC immunity testing.
- Assist in evaluating vendor capability to support development.
- Bachelor's degree required in Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- Experience in electrical design for consumer products.
- Comfortable working with a diverse set of coworkers, clients and mentors to complete a project.
- Capable of developing alongside mechanical engineering.
- Ability to work independently, passionate and self-motivated.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Great analytical/problem solver when it comes to technology challenges, often considering unusual, yet feasible ways to push the design.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment while working on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to quickly adapt and enthusiasm to learn new technologies.
- Strong soldering/testing/troubleshooting skills.
Other experience that would be a plus:
- Experience with low power and battery powered designs.
- Knowledge of embedded environments.
- Experience with analog and digital high-speed hardware design.
- Familiarity with switching power supply designs.
- Familiarity with Qi wireless charging designs.
- Altium Designer
- Familiar with FPGA design
- ARM Cortex processor architecture
- Programming in C for embedded systems
- Programming in C# for Windows test applications
- Familiar with mobile ecosystem technologies (camera, displays, memories, sensors, etc.).
- Bluetooth, NFC and Wi-Fi
- USB and Ethernet
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401K, Paid time off and much more.
Apply today and we’ll review your qualifications to see if you might be the next great member of our team.