Building / Facilities Manager
- Sydney, Australia
EXCEL Building Management is a leading Building and Facilities Management company servicing Sydney's High-end Residential and Commercial Strata Title Markets.
What do our people say about the Company?
• They appreciate the level of professionalism and recognize the Company’s focus on service to the Client
• That the Team and Company culture is friendly, warm and helpful with excellent back of house training and support
• Excel works consistently to maintain its reputation as the leading Sydney boutique building management company serving the top end of the residential strata environment
• There are well designed and established business processes, systems and procedures that help them in their performance of duties and service delivery
The principle responsibilities of the position include:
• Provide monitoring and co-ordination of routine and reactive maintenance service contractors
• Ensuring plant and equipment is maintained in accordance with sound management practices
• Proactive implementation of preventative maintenance programs
• Compiling detailed progress reports and maintaining comprehensive records & database
• Assistance with budgeting and the management of day-to-day expenses
• Organising and overseeing statutory obligations such as annual fire safety certification
• Attendance at committee meetings and after-hours emergencies as may be required
• Act on behalf of the Client in relation to WHS and environmental requirements such as contractor induction, reviewing contractors Safe Work Method Statements and other duties that may be required to ensure the site is a safe place to work and live.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
• "Doers"- self-motivated, energetic and efficient who enjoy resolving issues, delivering a responsive service whilst managing the varying needs of different stakeholders
• Reliable and proactive with a long-term commitment to the role and the industry
• Emotionally mature person with a positive attitude and strong customer service focus, flexible and responsive to the client's needs and able to effectively manage different personalities.
• Leadership skills and sound computer literacy in applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Ability to multi-task with strong communication, organisational and administrative skills
• Capability of following quality management procedures and company policies
Prior experience in a similar role with proven experience in the Building/Facilities Management industry is an advantage.
However, if you have tertiary qualifications and/or long term experience in one of the following industries being construction, architectural or project management, strata environment or property management Excel welcomes your application.