Evolution is a leading international B2B provider of games and services in online casino. Operating in the forefront of our industry, we offer a turn-key solution for casino operators. Our licensees’ players can move flawlessly between mobile, tablet and desktop to play slots or live casino, which feature real tables with real dealers in real time. Our innovative and high-quality offer includes brands like Evolution Live, Red Tiger and NetEnt, and multiple award-winning international player product favorites, such as Crazy Time, Lightning Roulette and Gonzo’s Quest. Evolution is listed on Nasdaq Nordic with a MCAP of EUR 20+BN.
Across our 20+ sites, we have 10 000+ people working in the fields of Product Innovation, Software Development, Game Presenters & Hosts, IT-support, Facility & Studio build as well as support services.Evolution provides a dynamic and creative work environment with a unique opportunity for the right people to enhance their skills and drive their passion. Our culture is rooted in Evolution’s core values ALIVE, do RIGHT and work TOGETHER and we operate guided by our vision to become the leading supplier of online casino in the world.
We are searching for passionate Scala Engineers. We thrive in well-designed, scalable, systems that use modern functional programming-based design approaches. We believe that the functional programming approach in Scala results in systems that are easier to build and maintain - we use modern, pragmatic approaches such as Tagless Final and libraries such as Cats and Cats Effect to achieve this.
You will need to:
- Be proactive, pragmatic, and professional, deliver results;
- Write code that makes our games and related functionality run;
- Write unit and other automated tests;
- Work and communicate efficiently with the rest of the development team, including PO, front-end developers and designers;
- Actively participate in code reviews so that code delivered by you and your team is of great quality;
- Own your applications, ensure they deploy and run 24/7 on our Kubernetes platform with great performance;
- Be ready to invest the effort to become an even better developer;
To succeed in this role you should have:
- Passion for our profession, in particular, Scala and Functional Programming, and improving yourself technically
- Proven experiences in delivering production software using Scala or comparable experience, such as extensive JVM or Haskell experience
- Interest in the latest programming trends such as functional and reactive programming
- Excellent communication skills and a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent.
We will appreciate:
- Experience building high-performance clustered systems, modular FP-based architecture, as well as actor systems, where they are necessary;
- Experience in Cats / Scalaz, Cats Effect, ZIO, Monix, Akka Actors, Persistence, Cluster & HTTP, http4s, Tagless Final, and/or Scala.js.
- Experience with Event Sourcing & CQRS;
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, and Cassandra.
NB: Apply if you have knowledge in Scala, regardless if it is gained commercially or not. We will also entertain candidates with experience in extensive JVM or Haskell and who are eager to learn/ enhance their skills in Functional programming.
- Entrepreneur culture of the company, which allows you to try new approaches and technologies all the time;
- Recognition from the business which translates to very competitive salaries and a supportive attitude;
- Developing games featuring live video serving customers around the world;
- A healthy mix of startup-like culture of the company, which enables us to try new approaches and technologies and remain on the edge of technological development and enterprise, with stability and supporting functions to help you focus on your job;
- Modern and developer-friendly delivery processes, including Agile (Scrum / Kanban), JIRA issue tracking, Confluence wiki, GitLab source control, Jenkins continuous integration and delivery, modern hardware and software for development (an IDE of your choice);
- Being a part of an international team in a successful, publicly traded company;
- Health insurance, contemporary office environment, tech conference attendance, training, hackathons, and other benefits and perks.
Evolution is a market-leading developer and provider of products and services for online casino entertainment. Our excellence is driven by over 17,000 EVOlutioneers across 30 markets worldwide, working in product innovation, software development, IT solutions, game hosting and business support. Evolution's dynamic and creative environment creates a unique opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Our integrated business-to-business solutions guarantee that our clients can always provide an unrivalled online entertainment experience to their players globally. We thrive on remaining an award-winning digital powerhouse of entertainment products and services with an ever-expanding line-up of product brands: Evolution Live, NetEnt, Red Tiger, Ezugi, Big Time Gaming, Nolimit City and DigiWheel.
Evolution is a Swedish company founded in 2006 and listed on Nasdaq Nordic (EVO).