Video Streaming Engineer
- Minsk, Belarus
Evolution is a world-leading B2B provider of video-streamed Live Dealer gaming, committed to deliver a unique and flawless gameplay across multiple platforms through revolutionary product innovation. Firmly rooted in our values: ALIVE, do RIGHT and work TOGETHER, we are on a quest to lead the way in an industry which is pioneering technical solutions and pushing the limits of what has been done in terms of online user experience.
Our services have won multiple industry awards, including 'Live Casino Supplier of the Year' at the 2019 EGR B2B Awards for nine consecutive years and 'Casino Content Provider of the Year' in the 2019 EGR North America Awards.
Our success is largely down to the quality and commitment of our people. We are now looking for an experienced and driven Video Streaming Engineer. This is truly an exciting opportunity for a talented individual who is looking for a career opportunity in a dynamic and international work environment.
Evolution Gaming Group AB (publ) was founded in 2006 and it is stock listed on the Swedish stock exchange Nasdaq. Today, about 6000 people work in the company's 12 sites, including locations like the U.S., Malta, Latvia, Georgia, Holland, Canada, Estonia, the U.K. and Sweden.
Evolution Gaming is looking for a Video Streaming Engineer to join the Video Research team based in Riga, Latvia.
The right candidate has a technical background in Networking and Video domain and has the desire to work in a research-oriented environment.
- Research & Development oriented mentality
- Strong problem-solving skills, debugging experience
- A strong overall understanding of the technologies and platforms specific to live streaming
- Technical knowledge around video encoding, transmuxing, video distribution, open-source video solutions, CDN architecture, and best practices
- Experience with browser oriented live streaming specifics and capabilities (MSE, protocol support, engine differences, typical browser-specific issues, adaptive streaming, etc)
- Up-to-date general knowledge about trending technologies in the video field, be it low-latency streaming, AV1, etc.
- Experience in programming with C/C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Deep understanding of networking concepts (LAN/WAN architecture, TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, load-balancing, etc.)
- Experience with audio/video ecosystem (encoding, H.264, VP9, IP streaming, etc.)
- Understanding of media containers (MP4, CMAF, MPEG-2 TS etc.) and streaming protocols (e.g. MPEG-DASH, HLS, RTMP)
- Experience with Linux or Unix environments
- Experience with LIBAV, FFMpeg, Gstreamer or similar
- Experience with video related hardware is a plus(e.g. converters, video switches, etc.)
Nice to have
- Experience with video quality measurements and metrics (PSNR, VMAF, SSIM, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management with devops and automation tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with monitoring systems with tools (e.g. Prometheus)
- Experience with AWS or other cloud stacks
- Experience with QoE approaches for video delivery
- Gross monthly salary from 4300 EUR to 6500 EUR
- Startup-like culture of the company, which enables us to try new approaches and technologies and remain on the edge of technological development
- Being a part of an international team in a rapidly growing company
- Health insurance, contemporary office environment, company café, kitchens, company gym, attending international IT conferences, and other benefits