Senior Business Intelligence Developer
- Riga, Latvia
Evolution is a world-leading B2B provider of video-streamed Live Dealer gaming, committed to deliver a unique and flawless gameplay across multiple platforms through revolutionary product innovation. Firmly rooted in our values: ALIVE, do RIGHT and work TOGETHER, we are on a quest to lead the way in an industry which is pioneering technical solutions and pushing the limits of what has been done in terms of online user experience.
Our services have won multiple industry awards, including ‘Live Casino Supplier of the Year’ at the 2019 EGR B2B Awards for nine consecutive years and ‘Casino Content Provider of the Year’ in the 2019 EGR North America Awards.
Our success is largely down to the quality and commitment of our people. We are now looking for an experienced and driven Senior Business Intelligence Developer. This is truly an exciting opportunity for a talented individual who is looking for a career step in a dynamic and international work environment.
Evolution Gaming Group AB (publ) was founded in 2006 and it is stock listed on the Swedish stock exchange Nasdaq. Today, about 9000 people work in the company’s 20 sites, including locations like the U.S., Malta, Latvia, Georgia, Holland, Canada, Estonia, the U.K. and Sweden.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Developer, you will be a valued member of the company’s Data Analytics team whose main role is developing BI solutions as well as providing data analysis service to various internal stakeholders (Sales, Product Development, Finance, Customer Support, Risks, Engineering, etc.).
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with internal end users of BI solutions to understand business needs
- Analyze data sources, plan and design data models needed for reports and dashboards, write SQL queries to extract and transform data (mostly from such data sources as Hadoop, Yandex ClickHouse, PostgreSQL, MS SQL)
- Create automated, interactive dashboards and reports (mostly in Tableau)
- Work on optimization of SQL codes and performance tuning of dashboards
- Automate processes related to reporting (mostly using Python)
- Propose suggestions on how to improve content of reports, dashboards, data warehouse
- Support internal stakeholders with appropriate data analysis and help them to make really data driven decisions
- University degree preferably in computer sciences, mathematics, or other exact sciences
- At least 6 years’ experience in Business Intelligence solutions development and data analysis
- Decent experience in work with databases, writing and optimizing complicated sql queries
- Experience in tuning performance of interactive dashboards
- Ability to maintain communication with end users - understand their business needs, explain how to use and interpret the created dashboards
- Ability to demonstrate creative thinking and passion about data, data analysis, Business Intelligence
- Readiness and ability to mentor less experienced employees
- Willingness to acquire additional technical skills where it can help to make work more efficient
- Ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge of scripting/programming languages (preferably Python)
- Knowledge about system administration and networks - to participate in administration of clusters of Tableau servers and other BI tools
- Gross monthly salary from 2800 EUR to 4800 EUR
- Dynamic work in successful, growing, international company
- Possibility to work with really Big Data and various tools and technologies (Tableau, Hadoop / Hive / Hue, MS SQL, PostreSQL, Yandex ClickHouse, Apache Superset, Qlik Sense, Python, GitLab, Jenkins, etc.)
- Friendly, helpful colleagues