Studio Support Specialist
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
Evolution Canada is part of Evolution Gaming Group AB, a global provider of Live Casino products to major companies within online gaming. The Canadian branch was launched in 2018 and delivers high quality on-line live services to The British Columbia Lottery Corporation and Loto-Quebec. Evolution Gaming Group AB was founded in 2006 to deliver a real Casino experience to the home through advanced IT software. Since then, Evolution has introduced several groundbreaking products and the company is a leading actor in its industry. Today, more than 6500 people work in any of the company’s locations across 12 markets worldwide, including the U.S., Latvia and Georgia. Since 2015, Evolution Gaming Group AB is stock listed on Nasdaq Nordic Large Cap.
The Studio Support Specialist is responsible for project builds and ongoing engineering maintenance of our studios’ gaming floor environments.
1. Studio Maintenance
Maintain the studio (technical casino table assembly, decorative elements and infrastructure), establish and refine build process, plan resources.
Prepare and provide required reports, provide needed information to MCR and other departments. Leveling, calibration and maintenance of some gaming equipment (Roulette wheels, playing card devices).
2. Schedule Planning
Plan tasks, collaborate with other team members where appropriate. Keep timelines of projects. Plan and organize the studio equipment maintenance and repair works; maintain maintenance / repair log.
3. Inventory / Asset Management
Request and order needed equipment, tools and materials
Perform other duties, as asked by the manager, which are related to this position. Replace colleagues during their vacations, sick leaves and other absences. Replacement takes place during the working time, and it is not considered as additional work.
- Secondary (higher, technical) education
- Intermediate skills for operation of standard tools (electric drill, saw, hammer, electric saw, electric screwdriver and stapler)
- Experience working in a similar working field, carpentry or construction
- Experience with wiring and cabling of electrical / electronic components is a significant asset
- The ability to work in a team
- High sense of responsibility
- Ability to travel outside the country (infrequently) is a requirement
This position requires:
- Close attention to detail in adhering to standards set out by the Technical Operations team
- Observation of safety principles when working around power tools and electricity
- Participation in an on-call system to respond to (infrequent) emergency support requests
- Carrying of a company-provided phone as a direct and reliable means of contact
- Ability to contribute extra hours outside of regular weekly working hours in order to deliver on tight deadlines