Automation Test Developer at Sygic
- Mlynské nivy 16, 821 09 Bratislava-Staré Mesto, Slovakia
In Sygic, we are changing the way people travel. We connect smartphones with cars, help families stay in touch, and navigate fleets worldwide. We are pioneers in hybrid navigation for smart devices such as Google Glass and Apple Watch.
In 2004 we started in an office of 25 square meters as a small startup. Today our app is one of the most successful navigation solutions, with over 200 million downloads. Our software is available worldwide in more than 30 languages. We are known for the Sygic GPS Navigation mobile application, the first navigation app on the Appstore and the second on Google Play. Our portfolio has extended over the years, but our focus remains. We became part of the Eurowag group in 2019, and now, we are happy to work on products that connect both visions into one!
Although we are far from the only player in the navigation business, we were the first to develop some great features. Our app was the first in the world:
- with 3D maps
- with integrated Head-up Display functionality
- with Dashcam functionality
- with integrated online parking information at the destination
- with augmented reality within the Real View Navigation functionality
Our users are considered part of the Sygic development family. We listen to their suggestions and try to ensure that our product still brings them added value.
We are looking for a Testing developer who will work on testing web and mobile applications used to monitor vehicles with our testers and create automated tests for these applications.
The product this team works on is professional navigation for fleet companies that helps them organize their trips, see where they can park, which routes are better for a specific type of vehicle, and much more.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- continuous quality control of the entire testing process, adherence to the methodology, and proposal of suitable ways to solve the identified shortcomings,
- design and implementation of automated tests, writing scripts for automated testing,
- manage defect resolution throughout its life cycle from commissioning to defect resolution and closure,
- monitoring the state of implementation of the markers and planning their deployment to the relevant test environment until deployment to production operation,
- tracking the status of fix deployment between test environments and initiating testing of fixes on individual settings.
- min. 3 years of experience in testing,
- experience with using bug tracking tools,
- practical knowledge of SW testing methodology,
- knowledge of Jira,
- knowledge of the creation of test plans, scenarios, and scripts for automated / integration tests of the client zone and mobile applications,
- knowledge of defining and running automated performances and integration test cases,
- knowledge of implementation of the principles of automation of testing, build, and integration within the project,
- experience with repository systems (Git),
- experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD),
- knowledge of automation tools,
- knowledge of design and implementation of automated tests,
- knowledge of writing scripts for automated testing,
- you worked with various hardware (tablets, smartphones, etc.)
- Analytical, systemic and creative thinkin
- technologies nice to know: webdriver.io, chai, mocha, VSTS, docker container, Kubernetes Jenkins.
Salary: Min 1500 EUR / gross monthly + additional remuneration
Employee perks, benefits
- Most employees love our informal culture. We are all on a first-name basis, and we don’t do dress codes.
- Startup agile spirit and flat hierarchy where you can talk to the managers or even the CEO at any time.
- Choose your benefits through our cafeteria system – focus on fitness & health, wellness, culture, travel, education, pension, and many more.
- Enjoy company events: hackathons, all-hands meetings, joint breakfasts, Christmas parties, summer teambuilding, and others.
- According to our Engagement Survey, 94% feel their manager genuinely cares about their wellbeing. We care about how you think - you can talk to your manager or HR about anything
- We support your mental health. If there is anything you want to discuss with a mental health professional, we offer free, anonymous psychological counseling with experts.
- Extra contribution in case of significant life events – weddings and childbirths
- Supporting your growth: We'll gladly support you if you want to expand your knowledge. Here, you’ll learn and be mentored by experts in their field. In addition, if you want to move to another position within Sygic after some time, you are our first choice to consider.
- Extra days off according to the year of work at the company.
- Sick days for you to take if you don´t feel good.- Home office is approximately 2-3 days a week (based on the agreement with your team lead). We trust you know best how to organize your time to stay productive and happy, and we want to give you the flexibility you need.
- We are sitting in one of the most beautiful offices in Slovakia. More than 95% of our employees are proud to bring visitors and show them around.
- When you come to the office, a good chair, and a height-adjustable table will await you to make your workday more comfortable.
- Beautiful terrace with a grill that you’ll love chilling on.
- Free coffee, tea, and music go without saying. Our fully equipped kitchen is also at your disposal.