.NET Developer for Cloud Team at Sygic
- Mlynské nivy 16, 821 09 Bratislava-Staré Mesto, Slovakia
- Employees can work remotely
In Sygic, we are changing the way people travel. We connect smartphones with cars, help families stay in touch, and navigate fleets worldwide. We are pioneers in hybrid navigation for smart devices such as Google Glass and Apple Watch.
In 2004 we started in an office of 25 square meters as a small startup. Today our app is one of the most successful navigation solutions, with over 200 million downloads. Our software is available worldwide in more than 30 languages. We are known for the Sygic GPS Navigation mobile application, the first navigation app on the Appstore and the second on Google Play. Our portfolio has extended over the years, but our focus remains. We became part of the Eurowag group in 2019, and now, we are happy to work on products that connect both visions into one!
Although we are far from the only player in the navigation business, we were the first to develop some great features. Our app was the first in the world:
- with 3D maps
- with integrated Head-up Display functionality
- with Dashcam functionality
- with integrated online parking information at the destination
- with augmented reality within the Real View Navigation functionality
Our users are considered part of the Sygic development family. We listen to their suggestions and try to ensure that our product still brings them added value.
We are looking for an open-minded .NET developer with a positive approach to mobile development. We develop and maintain parts of our applications. We focus on four categories. eMobility, where Sygic was the first one who brought to GPS navigation for mobile users a payment method and charged their electric cars only via the application. ADAS (Autonomous driver-assistance systems), where we try to bring drivers a better experience via machine learning (the app follows traffic signs and corrects them) or by tracking their driving behavior. For example, we track how drivers accelerate, how hard they brake, when they speed, etc. Insurance where we bring drivers benefits for safe driving, for example, via an insurance discount. Biznis, where we develop backend support for Sygic mobile apps.
If you are interested, read further!
What does it means to be .NET Developer in Sygic?
Working as a .NET developer for Sygic means working on new projects created regularly. It may sound like a phrase, but at Sygic, it is, without a doubt, a daily reality. It's pretty standard for less than a year to pass from the first idea of a new product to its production.
Being part of the Cloud team as a .NET developer means a relentless drive to improve existing products and services. With every new product, we always start with the best technologies. Of course, we have to learn how to use them, study them, and that is also a crucial part of being a .NET developer at Sygic. Anyway, every time we look back a year, we feel a shift in our report card.
What technologies do we use?
- C#, .NET Core 3+, EF Core 3+, LINQ Azure DevOps and Azure everything, WebAPI, ASP.NET, MVC, MS SQL, Microservice multi-layered architectures, Git, NUnit, Vue.js, TypeScript, HTML5, CSS3+, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes, we work mainly with MS technologies.
- You have experience with .NET/C# or .NET Core
- Experience with Azure is an advantage
- Experience with MS SQL database is also an advantage
- Experience with mobile applications is an advantage
- You are not afraid of challenges, and you are independent
Salary: 2 000 - 4 000 EUR / gross monthly + additional remuneration
Employee perks, benefits
- Most employees love our informal culture. We are all on a first-name basis, and we don’t do dress codes.
- Startup agile spirit and flat hierarchy where you can talk to the managers or even the CEO at any time.
- Choose your benefits through our cafeteria system – focus on fitness & health, wellness, culture, travel, education, pension, and many more.
- Enjoy company events: hackathons, all-hands meetings, joint breakfasts, Christmas parties, summer teambuilding, and others.
- According to our Engagement Survey, 94% feel their manager genuinely cares about their wellbeing. We care about how you think - you can talk to your manager or HR about anything
- We support your mental health. If there is anything you want to discuss with a mental health professional, we offer free, anonymous psychological counseling with experts.
- Extra contribution in case of significant life events – weddings and childbirths
- Supporting your growth: We'll gladly support you if you want to expand your knowledge. Here, you’ll learn and be mentored by experts in their field. In addition, if you want to move to another position within Sygic after some time, you are our first choice to consider.
- Extra days off according to the year of work at the company.
- Sick days for you to take if you don´t feel good.- Home office is approximately 2-3 days a week (based on the agreement with your team lead). We trust you know best how to organize your time to stay productive and happy, and we want to give you the flexibility you need.
- We are sitting in one of the most beautiful offices in Slovakia. More than 95% of our employees are proud to bring visitors and show them around.
- When you come to the office, a good chair, and a height-adjustable table will await you to make your workday more comfortable.
- Beautiful terrace with a grill that you’ll love chilling on.
- Free coffee, tea, and music go without saying. Our fully equipped kitchen is also at your disposal.