Automation Test Lead for Telematics
- Mlynské nivy, Bratislava, Slovakia
In Sygic, we are changing the way people travel. We connect smartphones with cars, help families stay in touch, and navigate fleets worldwide. We are pioneers in hybrid navigation for smart devices such as Google Glass and Apple Watch.
In 2004 we started in an office of 25 square meters as a small startup. Today our app is one of the most successful navigation solutions, with over 200 million downloads. Our software is available worldwide in more than 30 languages. We are known for the Sygic GPS Navigation mobile application, the first navigation app on the Appstore and the second on Google Play. Our portfolio has extended over the years, but our focus remains. We became part of the Eurowag group in 2019, and now, we are happy to work on products that connect both visions into one!
Although we are far from the only player in the navigation business, we were the first to develop some great features. Our app was the first in the world:
- with 3D maps
- with integrated Head-up Display functionality
- with Dashcam functionality
- with integrated online parking information at the destination
- with augmented reality within the Real View Navigation functionality
Our users are considered part of the Sygic development family. We listen to their suggestions and try to ensure that our product still brings them added value.
We are looking for a Testing lead who will work on testing web and mobile applications used to monitor vehicles with our testers and create automated tests for these applications.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- continuous quality control of the entire testing process, adherence to the methodology, and proposal of suitable ways to solve the identified shortcomings,
- coordination of the testing phase,
- providing test documentation for management,
- coordination of the work of the entrusted test team,
- design and implementation of automated tests, writing scripts for automated testing,
- coordination of defect analysis and resolution between functional and technical teams,
- manage defect resolution throughout its life cycle from commissioning to defect resolution and closure,
- monitoring the state of implementation of the markers and planning their deployment to the relevant test environment until deployment to production operation,
- monitoring the status of fix deployment between test environments and initiating testing of fixes on individual settings,
- cooperation with other roles that perform related activities (IT development, IT architecture, IT Operations, Business) to ensure activities continuity.
- Slovak or Czech speaker,
- min. 3 years of experience in testing,
- experience with using bug tracking tools,
- practical knowledge of SW testing methodology,
- knowledge of Jira,
- knowledge of the creation of test plans, scenarios, and scripts for automated / integration tests of the client zone and mobile applications,
- knowledge of defining and running automated performances and integration test cases,
- knowledge of implementation of the principles of automation of testing, build, and integration within the project,
- experience with repository systems (Git),
- experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD),
- knowledge of automation tools,
- knowledge of design and implementation of automated tests,
- knowledge of writing scripts for automated testing,
- you worked with various hardware (tablets, smartphones, etc.)
- Analytical, systemic and creative thinking
- technologies nice to know: webdriver.io, chai, mocha, VSTS, docker container, Kubernetes Jenkins
Salary: Min 2200 EUR / gross monthly + additional remuneration
Our teams work hybrid, meaning we want to meet in person occasionally, but other days are flexible.
Employee perks, benefits
- According to our Engagement Surveys, most employees love our informal culture. We are all on a first-name basis, and we don’t do dress codes.
- Home office approximately 2-3 days a week (based on the agreement with your team lead). We trust you know best how to organize your time to stay productive and happy and give you the flexibility you need.
- A good chair and a height-adjustable table will await you when you come to the office to make your workday more comfortable.
- Choose your benefits yourself through our cafeteria system – focus on fitness & health, wellness, culture, travel, education, pension, and more.
- You can enjoy sports and wellness with us thanks to a multi-sport card.
- You will enjoy company events such as hackathons, all-hands meetings, team breakfasts, Christmas parties, summer teambuilding, and others.
- We are sitting in one of the most beautiful offices in Slovakia. More than 95% of our employees are proud to bring visitors and show them around.
- We have a beautiful terrace with a grill that you’ll love in our office.
- Great coffee (a specialty type for those who love something light and an Italian-type one if you fancy classics), tea, and musli go without saying. Our fully equipped kitchen is also at your disposal.
- Our employees get extra contributions to significant life events – weddings and childbirths.
- We have an agile startup spirit and flat hierarchy where you can talk to the managers or even the CEO at any time.