Outside Sales Manager - NE
- New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., New York, NY, United States
The Outside Sales Manager is responsible for building, supporting, strengthening and maintaining relationships with our travel agency account partners and advisors with the overall goal of increasing revenues and advisor engagement. The focus for this position is to expand channels in a profitable manner to achieve the company’s objectives, focusing on our preferred channels.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify and cultivate new travel agencies or advisors focusing on strategic accounts within preferred consortia affiliations
- Manage existing relationships with key accounts to continuously maximize their performance
- Develop a sales strategy to achieve the sales targets for the company that prioritizes agencies by productivity and potential
- Serve as primary point of contact for key accounts and agencies and other accounts as needed in your assigned territory
- Participate in tradeshows and sales events in your own territory and national events. Participate and host familiarization trips. Coordinate and manage travel, tradeshow and FAM attendance in conjunction with the VP of Sales.
- Utilize Salesforce as required for the management of customers and internal communications
- Work closely with group and FIT internal sales teams to leverage contacts and sales efforts
- Assist with resolution of customer service escalations and communicate service related feedback to management
- Provide input for the creation of sales collateral, webinars, sales presentations, emails, newsletters and communicate initiatives coordinated by the marketing team
- Maintain the advisor database and ensure updated and accurate for any marketing initiatives
- Prepare and update regular sales and territory plans as required
- Manage travel expense and discretionary marketing budgets per policies and complete expense and trip reports as required
- Minimum 5 years in travel industry, with demonstrated success in a sales role managing a multi-state northeast territory, key accounts and territory development. Key account experience and relationships with travel consortia advisors / agency preferred.
- Strong commercial acumen, including understanding of wholesale tour operations, including commission structures, marketing plans, incentives, overrides preferred
- Knowledge of Europe leisure travel market and destinations preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent public speaker skills and comfort delivering presentations to both agency, large audiences and webinars
- Strong initiative and self-starter
- Familiarization with Microsoft Office (especially strong in PowerPoint + Excel), all software programs for presentations (including webinars)
- Familiarization with Salesforce or another CRM preferred
- Frequent overnight domestic travel and infrequent international travel
Requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, kneel, lift-and-carry 30 lbs., work in an office environment, keyboard, use office equipment including a multi-line telephone, binders, paper cutters, and hole punches, perform routine work with precision, and use fine motor skills. Work requires visual acuity.
This job description does not represent an exhaustive list of job duties or requirements. From time to time the job may be changed at the sole discretion of the company, and the foregoing should be viewed only as a summary of the key elements of the position that will change and evolve to reflect the changing needs of the business.
Duties and responsibilities are generally performed in an office environment. Environmental conditions generally include ambient inside temperature, ambient inside lighting and ambient inside low noise levels. Mobility demands generally include frequent sitting and occasional standing. Sensory demands generally include keyboarding, computer terminal and telephone operation.
This position offers a competitive compensation and a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, long term and short term disability insurance, accrued paid time off and a company discount. Excellent work/life balance.
· We exceed our customers’ expectations by listening and asking the right questions
· We delight our customers by creating inspirational itineraries
· We have a desire to succeed and provide exceptional value
· We exist as a team to support each other and deliver the best customer experience
· We care about the long term well-being of our employees, customers and suppliers
· We support and value our colleagues and enjoy working as a team
· We are all leaders, encouraging, challenging and motivating each other
· We achieve operational excellence by making brave decisions